corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have changed from k&n cone filter to..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have changed from k&n cone filter to..
pdwhelan

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a standard airbox.. its off a GSI so when i went to buy the panel filter i asked for one for a 1.4 and it didnt fit, got sorted with a £10 halfords one after motor world didnt have any in stock and i must say the car drives a whole lot smoother and doesnt rasp when giving it some stick! responce is alot better aswell.. i thought the car was slower at first but thats because i was driving on the A580 with those 70mph+ winds blowing directly towards me, i got to 80mph and my wipers started to move up the wind screen as if they were going to snap off lol usualy only does this when going 100+

I just wonder how much fuel im going to save so long as i drive sensibly compared to when i had the cone filter on!
John G

18th Jan 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not a fan or aftermarket air filters unless there specifically designed like the viper

i just kept me standard box and bought a raid hp panel filter and its so much better to drive
Mike GSi

18th Jan 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i brought a gsi with a k&n, im tryin to find a standard box.
my sport drove alot better with a standard box.in every way, power, response,and alot smoother!
the thing is that c16xe's have a different box to the x16xe,so if u know of one off a gsi/c16xe let me know! thanks!
pdwhelan

18th Jan 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there have been a few airbox's for sale on here but no details on what car it came from and usualy go for about £10 - £15
Mike GSi

18th Jan 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate
John G

18th Jan 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got ya local scrappy mike!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have changed from k&n cone filter to.. 23 database queries in 0.0927501 seconds