corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Di Canio interview

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Di Canio interview
jr

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of it is very very random

Okay.

Firstly i would like to thank Italian Hammer for sorting out addresses and timetables and what not. I owe you one. Re send an email to me at huffs@hotmail.co.uk and ill sort you out a signed photo.

Went to Rome to see Di Canio on Thursday. Was a nightmare start. Left Stanstead at 6.05 for Rome. Arrived in Rome on time at 9.05 local time. However, there was fog and had to be diverted to Piza of all places!

Thats a 5 hour coach ride back to Rome. Not good considering Di Canio was expecting us at 12.00.

Had to get in contact and explain etc. They said he might still be around but may have left. Brillllliant.

Got to training ground at 3pm. He had left by an hour. Okay, not very good so far. Spoke to a few people at the club. Very nice people, sorted out a few photos for them to sweeten them up as our trip now rested on 1 training session the next day...providing he turns up!

Next day they have an afternoon training session at 2pm-5pm. Flight leaves south Rome at 9pm, we are currently North Rome.

Paolo turns up for training, thank fuck, but we miss him going in as we were drinking with the team manager and a few coaches.

Anyyyyyyyway we got all our photos signed before he went out to train. They started late as he needed treatment. Thats right, Paolo needed a rub so they delayed training for half hour.

Didnt get to talk to Paolo much before training because of this but he said hang around and we chat after.

Watched them train, very very basic stuff, just running around and shooting. Paolo was messing about most of the time, pushing people over and what not.

After training he says 10mins, ill be out. 50 mins later we see him. He signs some more bits we had.

Then spoke to him for about 25min.

He basically said that Roeder is a wanker and that Brown is a wanker.

Then took the piss out of Curbs...
"My name is Alan. We play 442. You stay there, you there, you there, you there. Nobody move or shoot. We want a draw...Lets play 444, then we can shoot once or twice and might win."

Then spoke a bit about West Ham itself.

"I will be coming over the next break i have. Not been back since he left as he didn't like Brown but now can come back as he has sold it all to a bank, West Ham has a good future, but must stay up this year"

Gave him a copy of Hammers News...

"Who is this wanker (Mark Noble) - he needs some food!"

Sees Reo Coker...

"He is a good player..."

I said yea, can be but not at the moment as much, he wants to leave.

"Why he want to leave, West Ham have made him skipper and made him a better player now he wants to fuck off"

I said, you fucked off

"I wanted to stay, i said play me next season but my contract was up and they didn't want to keep me"

"Konchesky is a good player, always puts in 100%. Doesn't know what is wrong."

"Merve Day was called Merrrrrrrrve at Charlton as he is a big bear"

"Argentines are very good but not finished product"

Funniest moment though is when he said this...

"I will be manager one day, and you (Huffers) can be assistant, you are my friend"

After alot more chat he gave us a lift to the station. In the back of his car were Lazio and West Ham scarfs, posters, stickers of himself. Under his number plate at the back reads...I am Incredible.

He drives like a nutter, pulls out of the training ground into moving traffic, with his window open and says "Dont worry i am Paolo"

Lots of bad driving later we get dropped off on the equivilent to an A Road. He stops and puts his hazards on. Says if someone crashed into him they are happy as he is Di Canio.

Then we left, he said will be over before end of season and wants us to come back with some photos for him!

Just some other bits he said...

"Ahhh little wanker" - when he first saw me

"My name is Barthez, Stop Stop Stop. Oh shit"

"How do i feel when i see West Ham 3-0 down to Reading after 20mins" I said they were singing your name that day.
"Noooo, they have forgot me already, they dont sing my name"

"You tell Roeder at the stadium tomorrow that i said hello, but you are a wanker"

Overall, he is an attention seeker, loves himself, thinks he is the best, is very funny, honest and down to earth. Arrogant in his own way, but can back it up. He is a top man and it was great to meet him properly!

One last thing, he was reading Hammers News whilst he was driving! Crazy man.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Di Canio interview 24 database queries in 0.0102611 seconds