corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka...
Cosmo

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
Why does every thread in here turn into Liverpool discussion?

all I mentioned is he said the same thing about Liverpool and Id have him, didnt bring up Crouch and that!
Carl

23rd Jan 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
For what reason?

Going by Crouch this season....he cant head a ball towards goal with any venom and regularly misses easy headers. He is rarely winning headers against defenders to bring the ball down or knock it on. When he does get the ball he is being very poor with his passing decisions, often just shooting wide or trying to dribble and getting into trouble. He has ZERO pace.

Anelka offers the more direct approach. He will get hold of the ball and run at defenders, he has the pace to get in behind defenders. When he was at Liverpool he was actually playing for the team, putting in some good balls and chasing down from the front.

does this mean you are coming around to what i've said all along, Peter Crouch is piss poor?

11 in 16 for England would suggest otherwise

don't start that shite, i'd have 11 goals in 16 if i played against Congo, jamiaca under 15's and Scotland.
Carl

23rd Jan 07 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no, Im not saying he is useless, he is doing a job there at the moment and isnt playing badly, he is just not scoring where he should be. Id just rather see Anelka there if it was between the two.

And Im critisising his heading at the moment which really is piss poor, but he isnt always like that, if he returned back to form then the positions he is getting in would net him 15 goals a season easily.

He can't head though! If he could he might be half useful.
Cosmo

23rd Jan 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He can't head though! If he could he might be half useful.

at the moment I would agree with that 100%, but during part of last season he was fantastic for us and was just missing having someone playing off him. Now we have Kuyt and Bellamy to do that job and he plays shite!
Hammer

23rd Jan 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For what reason?

Going by Crouch this season....he cant head a ball towards goal with any venom and regularly misses easy headers. He is rarely winning headers against defenders to bring the ball down or knock it on. When he does get the ball he is being very poor with his passing decisions, often just shooting wide or trying to dribble and getting into trouble. He has ZERO pace.

Anelka offers the more direct approach. He will get hold of the ball and run at defenders, he has the pace to get in behind defenders. When he was at Liverpool he was actually playing for the team, putting in some good balls and chasing down from the front.

does this mean you are coming around to what i've said all along, Peter Crouch is piss poor?

don't start that shite, i'd have 11 goals in 16 if i played against Congo, jamiaca under 15's and Scotland.

Start what shite? don't make up bullshit in order to stengthen your point, he scored against none of those teams and he has scored crucial goals in qualifiers. Also where were all your other hotshot strikers when he was scoring them?

He is also the only player to score ten goals for England in a calendar year, i personally think the bad press he gets is incredible.
Jamie Walby

24th Jan 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Nope don't think I would bother myself.

Even if he came IMO he would be 4th choice behind Henry/ Adabeyor / VP so he would not be playing much i.e. not happy.

Also wish we gave walcot more of a run upfront than we do, hopefully tommorow he will be upfront but suspect he will be out on the wing

Walcott is still only 17. Wenger is doing with Walcott exactly what he did with Fabregas and look how that turned out.

Walcotts time will come.

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by Jamie Walby]
Jamie Walby

24th Jan 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
Why does every thread in here turn into Liverpool discussion?

Because Liverpool are the greatest team to ever grace earth.
Tom

24th Jan 07 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because we can
Carl

24th Jan 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For what reason?

Start what shite? don't make up bullshit in order to stengthen your point, he scored against none of those teams and he has scored crucial goals in qualifiers. Also where were all your other hotshot strikers when he was scoring them?

He is also the only player to score ten goals for England in a calendar year, i personally think the bad press he gets is incredible.

I don't read the papers. Obviously he's not the shittest player ever, Just don't think he is worthy of an England shirt, he's meant to be a target man, win the ball in the air etc but he doesn't not to standard of, was it kohler, that big skin head that played in the german league (minds gone blank, etc, if he could head like Ivan Zamorano then he would be immense, but hes absolute dog turd in the air. Can't argue that his 11 goals came mainly against below par opposition, and the fact the style of player altered entirely everytime he came on, which for me wasn't good.
Tom

24th Jan 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is an option or a back up plan that is his limit. He doesn't have the skills or potence to be a 1st choice regular for england or even liverpool for that matter.
Cosmo

24th Jan 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and the fact the style of player altered entirely everytime he came on, which for me wasn't good.

thats not his fault though! He doesnt want balls smacking upto him and he has said this in the past, its not his style of play. Yeah send them into his chest and he'll bring them down and hold it up, but lumping them up from defence - which is what England ending up doing - isnt how he plays.

Tom
Carl

24th Jan 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
and the fact the style of player altered entirely everytime he came on, which for me wasn't good.

thats not his fault though! He doesnt want balls smacking upto him and he has said this in the past, its not his style of play. Yeah send them into his chest and he'll bring them down and hold it up, but lumping them up from defence - which is what England ending up doing - isnt how he plays.

Tom

This is true, exactly same thing happens on a Sunday when i come on. Also i do get called crouch alot at football which adds to my hatred of the player!
Hammer

24th Jan 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he's meant to be a target man

Says who? people decide he is because he's 6ft 7 but there's far more to Crouchs game than that when he's playing well.

End of the day Benitez rates him, Eriksson rated him, Mclaren rates him and even Mourinho commented after their recent game that the Chelsea defence couldn't cope with him. I bow to their better judgment i'd have in my team before playing against me.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Fans - Noclas Anelka... 24 database queries in 0.0200861 seconds