corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Photography

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Photography
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jan 07 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been interested in photography for a while & decided to buy a fuji s6500fd a while ago. I would appreciate any feedback, tips and constructive criticism on my photos.

im no pro so dont expect anything amazing
all images have been resized and a border added in photoshop

Lake district:

this could have been ok but is way to dark

New york:

Random photos:
too dark again

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whereabouts in the lakes were they taken? and where are the last 2, local?
Danny W
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Whereabouts in the lakes were they taken? and where are the last 2, local?

tbh i cant remember the exact name where i the lake district photos were taken, i know it was near to lake coniston, village was called something ratti?

last 2 photo's are taken in higham, at the market square. Took them about 2 in the morning when it was snowing

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Robin
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the pic of the water, don't think it's too dark tbh.
Danny W
Premium Member

28th Jan 07 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, that was taken at stanwick lakes the other day

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
JonnyJ

29th Jan 07 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures 1,3 and 5 are very nice mate. I wouldn't say the 5th one is too dark either, in fact the silouettes(sp) look great, composition is also nice.

Some nice shots there, keep it up!
Danny W
Premium Member

30th Jan 07 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Pictures 1,3 and 5 are very nice mate. I wouldn't say the 5th one is too dark either, in fact the silouettes(sp) look great, composition is also nice.

Some nice shots there, keep it up!

thanks mate, i do like the silhouettes on the lake pic but have been told would make a better photo to see the detail on the trees etc.

just been out to get a few night shots, will upload in a mo

edit:

just the one for now, set the camera up for long exposure to capture the light-trails of cars at rush hour.
taken on Rushden bypass

1st attempt

[Edited on 30-01-2007 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
JonnyJ

30th Jan 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely shot danny. I see so my light trail shots that just look crap because people havent thought through the shot first and just do it because it looks "cool"

Colours are lovely. I can just spot a slight bit of noise in the orange of the sky but its nothing to be concerned about. Just out of interest what ISO was you using?

You got talent mate
Danny W
Premium Member

31st Jan 07 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lovely shot danny. I see so my light trail shots that just look crap because people havent thought through the shot first and just do it because it looks "cool"

Colours are lovely. I can just spot a slight bit of noise in the orange of the sky but its nothing to be concerned about. Just out of interest what ISO was you using?

You got talent mate

yeah i know what you mean, it took me a while to find a good enough location to capture a clean image, without trees or building in the way & with a nice flow of traffic.

the photo didn't come out as clear as i had wanted, with the noise around the town in the background & orange sky but am pleased with it tbh

i was using ISO200 but maybe a higher iso 400+ could have been better?

thanks Jonny

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
JonnyJ

31st Jan 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
quote:

You got talent mate

yeah i know what you mean, it took me a while to find a good enough location to capture a clean image, without trees or building in the way & with a nice flow of traffic.

the photo didn't come out as clear as i had wanted, with the noise around the town in the background & orange sky but am pleased with it tbh

i was using ISO200 but maybe a higher iso 400+ could have been better?

thanks Jonny

No probs mate

No your ISO was perfect, should be as low as it can go for night shots as not only does noise show up more on dark areas but longer exposers increase noise.
Danny W
Premium Member

31st Jan 07 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No probs mate

No your ISO was perfect, should be as low as it can go for night shots as not only does noise show up more on dark areas but longer exposers increase noise.

ah yeah of course, i remember reading about that

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

5th Feb 07 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took a quick pic the other evening, was trying to get a silhouette of the houses/town while the sun was setting.
was getting a bit too dark by the time i got round to taking a few snaps but i managed to capture some of the colours pretty well.

i used photoshop to add border and resize for the forum

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
JonnyJ

5th Feb 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice but would have been better without the large triangle shape in the top left corner imo. Good colours!
Danny W
Premium Member

5th Feb 07 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nice but would have been better without the large triangle shape in the top left corner imo. Good colours!

yeah i know what you mean had to try an hang out my bathroom window and caught a bit of the guttering in the pic, i must have looked a right tit

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
JonnyJ

5th Feb 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
quote:

yeah i know what you mean had to try an hang out my bathroom window and caught a bit of the guttering in the pic, i must have looked a right tit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Photography 25 database queries in 0.0282760 seconds