corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Owen running

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Owen running
Marc

User status: Offline
12th Feb 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=447789&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Owen+up+and+running&channel=football_home&

I still think playing this season is optimistic, I can't see him being in shape to play football, regardless of the gym work hes putting in.
Robbo

12th Feb 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little point in rushing back at this time of the season
Swiftay

13th Feb 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think middle of next season he should be on form
Cosmo

13th Feb 07 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Swiftay
i think middle of next season he should be on form

yeah, for Liverpool no doubt
Nath

13th Feb 07 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
little point in rushing back at this time of the season

Deffo. It's not as if Newcastle will be desperate for him to come back. They arent fighting relegation, they won't be challenging the top 4.... Next season will be ideal.
mav

13th Feb 07 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep think he will be back for start of next season.
liamC

13th Feb 07 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a talk in with Owen and Steve Harper this evening. A few bits of which I remember...

Owen..talked about his time at Liverpool, his injury at the world cup, who he supported as a youngtser, talked about the number 9/10 saga at England, NUFC and Liverpool.
Has a target game to come back against this season..of which he wouldn't say who, but expected it to be the last 2/3 games...
Has had 4 bouts of surgery since his time at NUFC. Before NUFC = 0.....
Intends to see at least his contract out if not more which got a round of applause..
No intention of going to any other league now and said Prem was best in the world
Didn't like the lifestyle at Madrid, missed friends/family
Shearer and Woodgate were the biggest pranksters. King Al used to hammer abuse at anyone and everyone for whatever reason if he seen any opportunity.

Harper was really good banter...coming out with a few amusing comments that both took the piss out of himself as well as others. When Owen said there was no-one who had a bigger smile on their face when NUFC won at the weekend Harper replied back with "Oh I dunno like" referring to his dodgy mis-kick a few times within the time he was on.

Both talked about their best games for NUFC; Owens was West Brom for us (With his best goal so far for NUFC also against WBA) and also England 5-1 Germany, and Harper had 2 particular favourites, where he said the week before he was playing against Wigan reserves or something similar, then the following Wednesday he was shaking hands with Del Piero, Nedved, Buffon et al in the champs league where we won 1-0. Other game was Man U 3-0.

Few Soccer AM type questions..
First and last off the training pitch; Milner & Parker
Worst dress sense, Parker with his extra small boys tops on!
Longest in the Shower...Harper said Bramble... !
Worst music taste..."any 'non-english' music" said Harper!

[Edited on 13-02-2007 by liamC]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Owen running 24 database queries in 0.0126810 seconds