corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help! My Car Alarms gone mad!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help! My Car Alarms gone mad!
bekie

User status: Offline
   15th Feb 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an M reg corsa 1.6 gsi and up until last week I used the key fob from my meta alarm to open my central locking. Last week I noticed that they key fob was only disabling the alarm so I used my key to open the door, my central locking didn't work and when I opened the door my factory alarm (which up until then I didn't know I had) started going off which only stopped when I turned the ignition on and then off. I then found that when I turned the engine on and then off the central locking locked me in the car, and when I tried t get out of the car the factory alarm went off again. It has been doing this ever since, I have since replaced the car battery, and my meta alarm and imobiliser seem to be unnaffected other than the doors not unlocking. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or knows what to do about this?
Steve X16XE

15th Feb 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fobs battery? Who fitted it? They know why?
Richie

16th Feb 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like a problem with the central locking unit not sending out the correct triggers back to the factory alarm and the aftermarket one.
bekie

17th Feb 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've replaced the key fobb battery, and the alarm was already fitted when I bought the car. Do you reckon replacing the central locking pump might sort it? It stopped working the night when it snowed and I've been told the cold can affect it. I'm not really sure who to see about getting it fixed, I've seen a mechanic and he doesn't seem to know whats wrong with it.

New Poll