corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 60mm springs!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 60mm springs!
JayT

User status: Offline
18th Feb 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just bought some 60mm rear springs off a mate! i currently have a full gmax 40mm kit on my corsa at the moment, thats 4 shocks and 4 springs! im planning to remove the 40mm rear springs and replace with the 60mm ones ive just got hold of!
was just wondering will it be ok or do i need 60mm ones for the front too, also do i need the shocks from a 60mm kit to go with 60mm springs?
a mate of mine told me last night that having 40mm springs on the front a 60mm on the back will make the front end lose grip???
andyc1234

18th Feb 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have mine down 60 at the back and 40 at the front and it handles fine back end feels a lot more stable round corners not really noticed any loss of grip on the front.
JayT

18th Feb 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers andy, you got any pics mate as ive had peopel say it will look like a plane taking off lol, i disagree as mine looks higher at the back than the fron, i was hoping it would balance it out a bit!
andyc1234

18th Feb 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got any pics since the coilovers went on but corsas look high at the back anyway so putting 60s on the back sort of evens them out. gets the tires just siiting under the arches
JayT

18th Feb 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you think they will be ok then, even though the 60mm springs will be with the shocks from the 40mm kit?
andyc1234

18th Feb 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be fine with any uprated shock really i had mine on standard shocks with my old ones and only the front ones died but it still took a while. get them put on u wont be disapointed

New Poll