corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this worth doing???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is this worth doing???
little_duke

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all as most of you know i have a 1.2 8v breeze,thinking of an engine change late this year/early next

opting for a 1.6 8v gte engine out of a nova

went on jncracing.co.uk and this is what it says under conversions page

1.6 8v GTE/GSI Conversion (Nova)

Supply and fit a GTE/GSI 1.6 8v Nova engine and F13 gearbox into a Nova, basically drive in with the original 1.0-1.4 and drive out with the 1.6. Includes removal of the old engine, fitting of the 1.6 8v, all relevant wiring and anything else required to get it running as well as all new fluids.

£600

Depending upon the model of the car to start with the fuel tank and pump may need to changed to the Nova multi-point injection items. If so another £100 will need to be added to the above. If the car had a single-point injection engine to start with only the pump needs to be changed, a multi-point injection internal pump can be used instead. If so then add £50 for just the pump.

To do all of the above and supply and fit 2lt 16v front brakes with new discs and pads.

£750-£850 (depending on the car)

1.6 8v GTE/GSI Conversion (Corsa B)

Exactly the same as for the Nova, only difference is the fuel tank doesn't need to be changed only the fuel pump needs to be changed if it was originally a single-point injection engine in the car.

£600-£650 (depending if it needs fuel pump change)

or with 2lt brakes supplied and fitted

£750-£800

is it worth doing???

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by corsa_sri_mark]
mwg

22nd Feb 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a Nova and put that engine in it
little_duke

22nd Feb 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id never have a nova,too dated for me.they are doing it proffesionally thats why im wondering
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id source the engine yourself as you dont know the state of what they are putting in,

but imo id go at least for a 1.6 16v
Mark330d

22nd Feb 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a nova 1.6 8v in the garage that fingers crossed i will get around to putting in on saturday. Need to buy fluids etc so will cost me £350 in total fitted hopefully.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is this worth doing??? 23 database queries in 0.1838992 seconds