corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Trouble plz Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Trouble plz Help
a4dy_1986

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was driving my corsa today and i got to about 60 and it lost power so i pulled over on the hard shoulder and it was struggling to idle in neutral. as i tried to get the car home there is hardly any power from the accelerator. it was making and awful wining noise and would only do abt 30 if i was lucky and when pulling away from traffic light it is almost impossible as there’s no power. also when accelerating the exhaust rattles loads.
any help would be grateful
K11 NNL

2nd Mar 07 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of corsa?reg?
a4dy_1986

5th Mar 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a corsa sport 1.4 16v and v reg
supermike

5th Mar 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the ecu light on at all?
Steve X16XE

5th Mar 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HG?

When my polo's went, it just died. I was in the fast lane on the M1. Not good at 90 when your engine turns itself off. Got over to the hard sholder. Nothing, wouldn't start.

Left it 5 mins, Started up. Was fine for a bit.

What i'm staying is check what it's like 2moro morning. Bet it's fine for a bit.

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by Steve X16XE]
supermike

5th Mar 07 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually the symptoms of an X14XE or X16XE HG going are starting on 3 cylinders then after a while theyre fine, speaking from experience, i really shud just get a metal HG hahaha
a4dy_1986

7th Mar 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt work day after either it was fucked.
yes the ecu light did keep coming on this was a result of the head gasket being fixed and there was lose wiring on the Exhaust re-circulation valve that was replaced could this be something to with it?
i took it into the garage and they set it has lost compression. it was the 2 centre cylinder number 2 and 3. the exhaust valves had burnt out. the garage said it was a result of water getting into the cylinder but the had no idea how it got there.
is this related to the head gasket going as on my old car the head gasket went and water leaked into the cylindersa dn craked the piston rings.

New Poll