corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » God damn corsa!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author God damn corsa!
J4M13

User status: Offline
   20th Mar 07 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back home from taking the mrs's home, went in my car, came home in mums

was on the way to the g/f house and battery light came on, fanbelt had snapped, didnt want to leave it where it was so thought i would try and drive for as long as possible before it died. A few mins away from her house and i lost all power, decided to leave it where it was(nice enough area) and walk the rest of way, the car wouldnt even turn over. just before we got out i tryed once again and it started up! winner!
Dropped the g/f off and started on my way back thinking all was good, all of a sudded the ecu light came on and it started jerking, as though it was cutting out then comming back in then cutting out and so on, then it died once again, just managed to park up on a shitty spar car park.
that was my last effort, it was staying there, then the alarm started going off and the key fob wouldnt work to turn it off, opened bonnet catch and just ripped the battery terminal off
had to be picked up by my mum, not happy at all where iv have to abandon it, not the best of area's and its 2 towns away from my house
wonder if she will be in the same state i left her tomorrow.

im wondering wether their might be something else up with it other than the fanbelt snapping with the way it was acting??

anyone else had to abandon their car's in bad area's before?

sorry about teh long post, im just worried for my poor corsa
Scotty C

20th Mar 07 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did the alarm go off if you had a flat battery?

Also, fanbelt?!
ed

20th Mar 07 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On an engine which relys on electronics to control it you will notice that it wont work very well with no power.
ed

20th Mar 07 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
How did the alarm go off if you had a flat battery?

Also, fanbelt?!
Alarms have aux batterys, otherwise if I were to nick it I would just cut the power supply to it. Fan belt = alternator belt.
J4M13

altenator belt sorry.

well, ts wierd, after i lost all power and turned the key and then turned it back on, the battery light came on but no ecu light before you start it up, i couldnt get the alarm to go off then, probably dodjy alarm, ah well, its not going off now lol.
pdwhelan

sorry to hear about this man, dont you have breakdown cover? if not take someout right now and get the car towed home
ed

20th Mar 07 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could try the old trick of wrapping some tights around the pullys to use as a drive belt
J4M13

20th Mar 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, just changed insurers to insure the xe, if it would have been a week ago i would have been brought home by rac, doh!
i cant get hold of anyone i know who could tow me except my mum, and she wont tow me lol
ed

20th Mar 07 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn. Halfords open at about 8am though so get in there early, get a new belt and slip it on. It's an easy job and you only need a set of sockets and a long bit of wood
J4M13

20th Mar 07 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got work in the morning, iv sent a mate a txt asking him to get me a new belt in the morning(works in garage) then gunna go up at dinnertime to try and sort it, fingers crossed it wont be harmed in any way.
nothing to nick from inside as i removed absolutely everything and left glove box open, its not as though its going anywhere fast either if they get inside.
pdwhelan

20th Mar 07 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a night of it .. ask ya gf to turn up in her sexiest stockings and suspenders and then u know. and then use the stockings on the car
J4M13

20th Mar 07 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a plan!

funny thing was, it actually looked like i was trying to steal the corsa when the alarm was going off and i was flapping about trying to rip the terminal off, and a traffic cop and a normal cop car drove past looking and kept driving, surely they should have atleast come over and asked if everything was ok.
Colin

20th Mar 07 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mind take some jump leads with you tomorrow, chances are it wont turn over.
Colin

20th Mar 07 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
sounds like a plan!

funny thing was, it actually looked like i was trying to steal the corsa when the alarm was going off and i was flapping about trying to rip the terminal off, and a traffic cop and a normal cop car drove past looking and kept driving, surely they should have atleast come over and asked if everything was ok.

Probably just looking to see if you had road tax & legal tyres tbh........they couldnt care less if your car gets nicked
J4M13

20th Mar 07 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they didnt even get close enough to check anything, just drove staight past, i would have asked for a lift home if they would have stopped haha.
Ste L

20th Mar 07 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
On an engine which relys on electronics to control it you will notice that it wont work very well with no power.

i noticed that, altenator died on old XE, driving home, batt's was nearly dead, and when i went to indicate, the car bogged down, and wanted to stall..
died near mates, luckly his dad gave me a toe home, @ 1am, even though my mate wasnt in

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » God damn corsa! 23 database queries in 0.3230300 seconds