corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE REBUILD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE REBUILD
bigrabbelfast

User status: Offline
20th Mar 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wats involved,is it worth doing or should i get a replacement engine from a breakers and how much roughly will it cost.
im lookin to put arp rod bolts and a few other reliability parts in if i do go for the rebuild
topshot_2k
Banned

20th Mar 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why does it need a rebuilt? cambelt snapper?
bigrabbelfast

20th Mar 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope 70k on it and its leakin oil from the crank seal and has weird noises from the cam pulley end of the head so it has to come apart anyways,just wondering bout costs and stuff.dont mind tackling most stuff myself but i dont do engines
Robin
Premium Member

20th Mar 07 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easy to do the gaskets and belt, but not so easy to take the pistons etc out, unless you know what you're doing.

As long as the noise is the cambelt tensioners, you'll be ok, they're a piece of piss to do, along with a new belt.

Gaskets are easy too, and even the crank seal isn't massively hard.
STEvieXE

20th Mar 07 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rebuild, i was gonna go for a 1.6 16v and the breakers over here are looking 800 odd for engine and gearbox. cant remember if that included loom etc. even say 500 for an engine, itll go a gd way for a rebuild..

i canb recommend steven gault for rebuilding it, he did my xe and did a great job. not the easiest to pay tho but one of the best around and very helpful/profesional and u can be safe in the knowledge that itll be done right
bigrabbelfast

21st Mar 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a new cam belt kit and water pump put on last november when i got the car so i wouldnt have thought its that.the noise seems to be from the end of the inlet cam.
im goona give steven a fone today and ask wat sort of price he'd be asking and wat parts he recomends.how much did he charge for your engine if you dont mind me askin stevie
STEvieXE

21st Mar 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id rather not say but my engine was given a total rebuild like everything replaced, every gasket/belt/all machine work/tappets/headwork/new pistons/waterpump/oil pump/valves everything...
Ben ev

21st Mar 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sold c16xe and f15 for £50. needed a rebiult hed tho
bigrabbelfast

22nd Mar 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs stevie,didnt get a chance to fone him yet but hopefully will today

New Poll