corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Choosing an engine management vendor?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Choosing an engine management vendor?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 07 at 07:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I'm going to be chasing an after market ECU over the year for my LET, but how do you choose your vendor?

After checking out a few vendors such as DTA and OMEX it seems most offer the same features, maybe I should be more inclined to an ECU vendor who has an approved tuner near me?

I dunno, thoughts and comments please, I'm sure theres something I've missed out on.

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Mar 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres lots to chosse from mate but when working with them every day you find that some have much better features than others and are easier to live with and use.

Emerald and omex are very similar although I prefer the omex. Omex 600 ecu is a fantastic bit of kit with almost every feature you will ever need.

DTA and MBE are also very good but I prefer others as I find that doing the more difficult stuff on them is a hassle.

Also worth asking Broster about the Gotech stuff, I have had a play about with the software and it seems ok, well priced as well, the only downside is finding places that will map it other than current Gotech dealers.

for price, quality, features, usability, reliability and the best customer service I have ever recieved, go with Omex. nearly every decent dyno operator will have used it and you will find that due to its ease of use they find it a lot easier to map well.

If you want I can put you in touch with an Omex dealer that I know very well down your way
willay
Premium Member

23rd Mar 07 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for it Dave.
jr

23rd Mar 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just listne to what i say, i do actully know about these things
willay
Premium Member

23rd Mar 07 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always listen to you babes, and I've received prices/spec for some omex goodies

New Poll