corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilemma

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dilemma
davey_jack

User status: Offline
24th Mar 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my car sitting low, but all the bumps on britains shitty roads get me down and as I do about 50 miles a day, I doubt it is doing my back any good!
I'm currently using a streetline -50mm kit with uprated dampers, never heard of them before either if thats what you're thinking, but the car handles really really well!

Does anyone else think it would ruin the look of the car if I went for a more sensible setup? ie: -30mm with Eibach springs and standard dampers

Also does anyone else think I would get a more comfortable ride with that setup?

I know someone is going to say this should be in the help section, but i dont really need help, I'm just speculating on the idea of going for a more comfortable set up.
jamesvalver

24th Mar 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about some eibach -50mm springs with koni yellows? all depends what your budget is really mate
davey_jack

25th Mar 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will that be comfortable though mate? I will spend a fair amount if it means I get the looks without uncomprimised comfort...your cage looks great by the way!
marklawton

25th Mar 07 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, all the bumps do my head in aswell, but i put up with them as i love my car being 60mm on the front and 90mm at the back, lol
SAL
Premium Member

25th Mar 07 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i can joint the ultra low club it is a pain sometimes put it looks good

davey i had the eibach - 30 spings to start with and imo felt the same as my fk's all the way down, the eibach dint lower the car 30 either it was more like 10

invest in some good coilovers so you can adjust the height/damping
davey_jack

26th Mar 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i love my car looking slammed and everyone comments on how nice it looks..and i love it when Im on a decent road and i outhandle other cars round the bends, but with the amount of miles I do it annoys the hell out of me, and the paint has started to crack on my skirts where they meet the front arches! Also when you take a stunning bird in your car and all she can say about it is "its really uncomfortable this car isnt it?"
Cupra Steve
Banned

26th Mar 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

streetline kit....isn't that bilstein?

Tommy L

26th Mar 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you raise it up you will only regret it. Im sure the ride will be no different at 30mm. stay as you are!
Rhino

26th Mar 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go for Eibach -50F 30R(thats how they come) with bilstiens. Can fault them at all on mine.

I've lowered mine 60 at the back but im thinking about changin them back.

here's a pic of how mine sat with the Eibachs..
davey_jack

26th Mar 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it comfortable would you say mate?
davey_jack

27th Mar 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely looking corsa by the way, I used to have a silver corsa when I was 17 with the steinmetz skirts and splitter, looked gorgeous!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilemma 23 database queries in 0.0101421 seconds