corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting 6x9s, no rear speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting 6x9s, no rear speakers
AParker

User status: Offline
26th Mar 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I was looking at fitting some 6x9s in my shelf, and read up on it around places. Was going to take the wire from the rear speakers to use, until I realised my Corsa dosen't actually have any lol.

I heard that the wiring is done as standard for the rear speakers and is in the loom at the back of the car that follows to the rear lights.

Could anybody possibly help by telling me what cabled im looking for in the loom, anything else I need to kno, etc, as I dont hav a clue really...?

Cheers for any help
Fonz
Premium Member

27th Mar 07 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top of the rear suspension shock you should find the wires. likely to be just taped up to teh loom. look for wires that go no where
ie 12 wires going into tape 10 coming out, obviously two stopped. these are likely to be teh two you need.
looking in Haynes is says the LH rear is Green & Green/blue wire, RH rear white & white/blue.

you won't get good quality sound from it though. get about 6/7m of decent cable from ur local car audio store and pull up the plastic door still. its wot i did, run it under that plastic and fed it through to the rear.

hope that helps?
eug

17th Mar 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you could also run your 6x9's of an amplifier in the boot. this will be so much louder and clearer. then all you need to do is run a power cable from your battery and an earth cable in the boot and some rca's and remote lead from your cd player, then you only have 2 short runs of cable to your amp from the 6x9's
Fonz
Premium Member

18th Mar 08 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grave digger??? 12months old thread
eug

18th Mar 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i know didnt realise till after.

New Poll