corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate recess...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Number plate recess...
Pop

User status: Offline
17th Apr 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I'm on a weight saving mission at the moment and have found someone who can supply a fiberglass bonnet, front wings and tailgate for my 206. Add perspex windows to the equation and there should be a fair bit of weight removed.

My only concern is the tailgate. At the moment it has been made for a flush boot, which to be honest I'm not overly keen on.

Avert your eyes from the horrific amount of exhaust tailpipes and look at the tailgate.

At the moment it's clearly in an unfinished state and needs to be tidied up.

Now here's my question because I have very little knowledge of what bodyshops can achieve.

A pic of my car for reference to the question below...

Do you think a bodyshop could cut the edges of the tailgate to follow the line of the rear lights? and also fit a number plate recess into the fiberglass tailgate very much like how my tailgate is now?

Thanks
Tim
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Apr 07 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, can easily be done, if u could find a kind of recess made out of fiberglass like the one on ur metal boot then it can simply be cut out and stuck in/on.

or why not get a recess put into the middle of the bumper and move the fog light lower?
STEvieXE

17th Apr 07 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the money it would cost to do that work to that f/glass tailgate the wieght svaing would be minimal. use your orginal tailgate with the perspex window. not that heavy. hollow it up a bit.

the f/glass tialgate could be finsihed the way you want but would be a bit of a bollox to do and leave nice and would be adding more weight to it etc etc. then youve got the maintenance of f/glass also.. stick to the metal...
drunkenfool

17th Apr 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill your car with helium balloons

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Number plate recess... 23 database queries in 0.0098648 seconds