corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Affordable Housing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Affordable Housing?
ed

User status: Offline
30th Apr 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could somone explain to me how 'affordable housing' works please. I can't seem to make head nor tail of it from what I have dug up on Google

Ta
Aaron

30th Apr 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know anything about it, but does this site help?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A2110753

[Edited on 30-04-2007 by Aj.]
ed

30th Apr 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that the other day. It doesn't seem to apply to what I am looking at. There are a block of flats in Birmingham, ther is apparently a 1 bed flat left for sale which is classed as 'Affordable Housing' for £100k (and the penthouses are for sale for £350k and the other 2 bed flats go for around £230k). You have to go in for a meeting with them to see if you are allowed to buy the flat... Though I don't think it's worth looking into too much because I need a 2 bed or more flat really...
ed

1st May 07 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just for anyone interested. Affordable housing is for key workers like firemen and nurses e.t.c... The price of the housing is reduced by loads. In thins case £75k! The only flats left in this block are going for £300k! That £150k more than they are worth as there are only two left, looks like I need to look somewhere else

New Poll