corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summary of your teams season and the future?!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summary of your teams season and the future?!
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
14th May 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
yes king was out all season up until 3-4 weeks ago, we had to make do with chimbonda at left back and gardner/rocha in centre

[Edited on 14-05-2007 by topshot_2k]

Arsenal got to the champs league final with Flamini playing left back
Nismo

14th May 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see tottenham finishings 4th, we nearlly did last season (last last season), we have a stronger side now too, and 5th aint that bad for this season considering we spent the first 4 months fart assing around and playing crap!
nik

14th May 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor season for Burnley, was in with a shout of the play offs in Jan then didn't win a game for 19 games. Finished the season well beating Birmingham and WBA to finish 15th. Talk of 5 decent signings in the summer (got some cash to spend) and talks of building a new away stand. Think we should be aiming for the play offs next season.
Ben G

14th May 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

terrible season for west ham until the last two months.

we really pulled it out the bag just when everyone needed it most.

tevez was the one everyone looked to for that inspiration IMO. he wasn't willing to get the team he was playing for relegated and for that reason he is a hero

he never gave up, always kept fighting on even though behind the scenes theres was so much uproar about him and he was the talk of the tabloids mostly every day.

well done to west ham for finally giving the fans what they want, real football and not losing moral when so close to the end of the season, they were bottom of the table.

hopefully next year, we will see at least 10th place considering we would be about 3rd if the season started back in march!!

heard talk of gudjonsen (sp?), solksgaer and a few others in, but personally, i would of hoped that magnusson would do everything possible to persuade tevez to stay
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see West Ham fans once again putting a load of pressure on their team and seeing it all go tits up once again!
Ben G

14th May 07 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i see aswell and thats why if it all fucks up again, i will be putting abet on it this time can't believe i missed 50/1 ffs lol
jr

14th May 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not laods of pressure, TBH cosmo most fans would ahve been happy with a simialr finish to last time, it was the media saying we were gonna be in the chamops leage (and stupid fans)

we also have had the most disrupted season ever IMO

need a good clearout, few good signings, and a good pre season
Nick A

14th May 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chelsea 2nd - if we didnt have injurys to some of our first team e.g. cech, cudicini, joe cole, carvalho, terry etc we would of retained the title easily
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick A
chelsea 2nd - if we didnt have injurys to some of our first team e.g. cech, cudicini, joe cole, carvalho, terry etc we would of retained the title easily

you sound like your manager!

Every team had injuries, every team has to deal with it, hence why its a squad game. You came second and no amount of uninjured players would of changed this.
antscorsa

14th May 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Millwall!!

crap start with wank managers, think we had 3 or 4 this year!!

great 2007 tho losing only a few and was only a few points off the playoffs which is good when were were bottom at xmas!!

next year, id say top 3 easy if we keep the same team
Nick A

14th May 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

you sound like your manager!

Every team had injuries, every team has to deal with it, hence why its a squad game. You came second and no amount of uninjured players would of changed this.

it is true i am special

Though to be fair i beileve the title race would have been closer, but we did a great job of coming second with those injuries
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it is true i am special

Though to be fair i beileve the title race would have been closer, but we did a great job of coming second with those injuries

no really!
Nick A

14th May 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
it is true i am special

no really!

the summary of liverpools up and down season
Marc

14th May 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't believe our start to the season and wasn't sure if the form would last, it dipped a bit for the most part it was kept up. I've been on tender hooks all season wondering when we were going to slip up but apart from a few losses it never really came. They've been amazing to watch all season and I'm glad I got to 13 games.

Carling Cup was a bit disapointing, I'm mentioning it for Cosmo! It would have been nice to retain just because we were the holders. It was a good chance for the reserves to get a game though.

Van Der Sar - His season has been up and down and he made a few silly blunders
Kuszczak - Doesn't really look ready and has looked nervous, shown a few signs that he can get better though.
Neville - Brilliant season, shame he never scored!
Evra - Almost perfect, has been brilliant at left back.
Heinze - My preferred left back, I like his style. Shame his appearences have been limited. Hope he stays.
Ferdinand - Amazing, has been spot on all season, it shows when hes left out.
Brown - Can stand in for Neville any time in my opinion. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Vidic - Has really come on this year, I don't think people expected it.
O'Shea - OK, hes better than people make out, think I prefer him in midfield though.
Silvestre - Not a first team player, hes no way near the class of Heinze and Evra, and it shows when he plays.
Carrick - Hes getting better all the time, at the beginning of the season he was just hoofing the ball towards goal. Hes beginning to show why hes there now. Maybe not showing his worth though!
Ronaldo - I don't think anyone expected him to play before this, last season he was the player who had so many attempts on goal and hardly scored. The main reason for our form.
Giggs - For the most part hes being rejuvinated and it was like he lost a few years. Made a few sloppy passes though in quite a few game which he shouldn't have.
Park - The games hes played hes being immense. Hes just got Giggs and Ronaldo in his way.
Scholes - We missed him loads last season and hes been the centre of the team now hes back.
Richardson - I've defended him for far to long, he just can't finish and has been a blundering idiot. I don't think hes good enough.
Fletcher - Never really been a fan of his but his performances in Europe have been class. Really changed my mind about him.
Larsson - Bit disappointed really, I think I expected too much. He showed his class though.
Rooney - Rough start to the season and his form was definatley affected from the ban I think. People were too hard on him and I think hes definatley proved people wrong.
Saha - Good start to the season and he looked like he was going to fill the gap left by Van Nistelrooy. Appeared to have a few off games though, and didn't score as many as I thought he was going to. Don't know whats happening now, he says hes injured but the psysios say hes fine!
Smith - Hes worked hard, beginning of the season he just wasn't fit and it showed. He had some time out and hes been a lot better/ Hopefully he'll be even better next season.
Solskjaer - Really pleased for him. Glad he over came it and showed what made him a legend in the first place. I don't think 11 goals is bad considering the way he is used. His career is definatley coming to an end though.
Fangzhuo - 3 years out on loan due to no work permit and what a let he has been! I've seen him score some immense goals for other teams so you never know.

Coming back - Foster, Pique, unsure on Rossi, Evans and Simpson.

Reserves - Eagles and Lee are really good. They'll hopefully get their chance now.

Transfer wise - Hopefully we'll get Hargreaves now. We really need a high scoring striker too. I think we lack cover in central defence so I'd like another central defender.

You may now rip this to shread Cosmo.
Cosmo

14th May 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
You may now rip this to shread Cosmo.

nothing to rip to shreads. As Ive said in the past youve done well to win the league as it wasnt expected from you by many fans/pundits and is all down to your big names being in form for the majority or all of the season.

Still think you lack the top class cover should any of your main guys get injured (Ronaldo, Scholes, Rooney) or if they arent in form for so long again...but then again you did it this season so probably will again just to annoy me more!
Rob_Quads

14th May 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a crap season the gooners had. Well its quite funny when a crap season is Carling Cup final, 4th place, champs league 1/4 finals.

I don't think we need to make massive changes. When you think for virtually half the season we were without Van Persie and even longer Henry, with them both fit again we will be back challenging. Also wallcot being fit would be nice. Playing him injuered was probably a bad move. Would have been better letting him just have surgery. You only have to look at so many of our games this season to see all it needs is some chances being convertered as we create sooo many.

Out Beast - His touch is just not good enough. Lungburg - make some money while we can
In a real winger

Giving Wallcot a chace upfront is something I think he needs - that said he did quite well as a winger and can cross a good ball.
Marc

14th May 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree. Thats why I think we need a central defender. Neville/Brown and Evra/Heinze are enough for left/right back but we need cover for Rio and Vidic. Likewise in midfield, we have the first choice 4 but we lack cover for Scholes, which Hargreaves would do. I've no doubt Smith will chip in with goals but we need a replacement for Van Nistelrooy.
liamC

14th May 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking pig sick of our overpaid useless cunts. Completely lost interest. Even more so when bung taking Fat Sam takes over.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with the fat gobshite cunt at the top who needs to go before we are even remotely half decent.

Dyer needs to be stabbed to death ASAP also.

Shit season. Shit season to come. Shit season to come after that. Shit off.

[Edited on 14-05-2007 by liamC]
Marc

14th May 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
I don't think we need to make massive changes. When you think for virtually half the season we were without Van Persie and even longer Henry, with them both fit again we will be back challenging. Also wallcot being fit would be nice.

With those three back I think next season will be a totally differant story! The players have shown what they are capable of they just need Henry to lead them.
J da Silva

14th May 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a poor run in the Sao Paolo state league, Corinthians have rebuilt a whole new squad from youngsters in the Corinthians Jrs and experienced players, and a new manager

A good start to the Campaenato Brasiliero with a win over Juventude in their first game, Finazzi started his revitalised career with his first goal in his first game.

Players out: Marquinhos, Paolo Almeida, Daniel, Roger, Wendel, Amoroso, Jean.

Players in: Finazzi, Everton Santos, Dentinho, Fabio Ferreira, Marcelo Oliveira, Zelao, Felipe, Lulinha, Fabricio, Igor, Alisson, Diego, Everton.
PhilC

14th May 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got fucked up the arse by a Michael Essien 92nd minute toe poke...
stuartmitchell

15th May 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For Hearts: How long have you got?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summary of your teams season and the future?! 24 database queries in 0.0131428 seconds