corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power steering fitting on a non pas ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power steering fitting on a non pas ??
leemc

User status: Offline
21st May 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i'm new to the forum i recently purchased a 1.5tdfor fuel consumption.
my other car is a fiat coupe 20vt.

can any one advise me on power steering as it's worse then a tank on the corners the steering is really heavy.
i dont have any knowledge with corsa's but im guessing it wouldn't be to hard to fit.

if any one has attempted this or knows how it can be done and what is needed please dont hessitate to comment.

Thanks for help in advance.

Lee
JM_16v

21st May 07 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not worth the effort TBH
craig_s

21st May 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would need a new steering rack and all the pipe work and the power steering fluid tank.if i were you before trying to do that i would make sure your tyres are pumped up correctly and get your tracking done
leemc

21st May 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
you would need a new steering rack and all the pipe work and the power steering fluid tank.if i were you before trying to do that i would make sure your tyres are pumped up correctly and get your tracking done

thanks is that all that would be required as i was looking on the net and i came across some eps or something but was unsure what it was lol

checked the tyre pressure and the tracking is fine. i went for 25psi front and 29 rear what the chart said but i havent got any owners manual for excact tyre pressures.
Ben D

21st May 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the rack Reservoir & Pump ect & a new Mount, cost me £70 for all the parts to retro fit it to my SRI 16v & then £40 for Bodge-Up-Borris the mechanic to fit it for me as I'm Lazy
craig_s

21st May 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and you would also need another bottom pulley to run it
leemc

21st May 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guy's it's looking promising for the pas then
going from pas to none it's dreadfull i tell thee

i will keep you all updated i will hopefully sort it this weekend shouldn't take to long
craig_s

21st May 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not an easy job.well its easy as in there is not much to change but its a bitch to do steering rack is quite awkward to get to.you will have to get it tracked again afer you have fitted it aswell
C4RL0

21st May 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a PAS rack, all pipework and tank for sale. All you would need then would be a mount, pump, double pulley. U2U me if you are interested.
DAZ1985

21st May 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get electric pas pumps but then you'd still have change the rack

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power steering fitting on a non pas ?? 23 database queries in 0.0094900 seconds