corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fox 17"s, How bad are they going to rub?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fox 17"s, How bad are they going to rub?
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
23rd May 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a set of Fox 5 spoke 17"s sitting outside, came on my brothers golf. Hes recently put some new wheels on, so these fox ones are lying unused. I could get them ultra cheap as they are kerbed to fuck, but I think it could be a nice project to refurb them in white.

Tyre size on them is 205/40/17. How much would I be looking for a set of tyres for them too?

Pic of them next to the car, they look huuuuuge:

Also, anyone know what the "Name" of the wheels are? All I know is they are fox, thats it.
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd May 07 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the ET (offset) on them should b on the back near where the bolts go and it also depends how much the car is lowered?

April 08 feature car
Rachael 1985

23rd May 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are 205/40/17 and the cars lowered 60mm. No scrubbing what so ever. Slight scrubbing if i have a full car and i go round a corner too fast but thats about it

[Edited on 23-05-2007 by Rachael 1985]
nova_gteuk

23rd May 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyre the old fox 6 premier wheels i had them on mine before my speedlines

Ben G

23rd May 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think old golfs et is something around 35-38 or somewhere in the 30's so would scrub quite alot. would need arch mods e.g. metal arch grinded back a bit and debolting arches and tiger sealing back on.

all depends how low your going tbh.
ChrisBoom

23rd May 07 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look quite good there actaully, might consider trying them on, see how they look.

Just checked the ET, ET42, will this be bad? Also, how much would I be looking to refurb the wheels myself? Smooth off the kerbing, primer, paint and laquer?
ChrisBoom

23rd May 07 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
pagan_88

23rd May 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
They look quite good there actaully, might consider trying them on, see how they look.

Just checked the ET, ET42, will this be bad? Also, how much would I be looking to refurb the wheels myself? Smooth off the kerbing, primer, paint and laquer?

Not sure about the refurb, but you will get away with ET42. Just depends on if you lower, and if so, how much... A few simple arch mods will save you the bother of worrying!
ChrisBoom

24th May 07 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll