corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitted the nitrous to the Astra last night- with pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitted the nitrous to the Astra last night- with pics
bubble

User status: Offline
1st Jun 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a really poor install im sorry!!
willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

wasnt really bothered about looks seeing as though the engine bay is filthy anyway as its covered in waxoyl if thats what you are meaning about a poor install.

if your on about a poor install in terms of function then it isnt poor- hoses to crossfire are nice and short as they should be, and the pulsoids are mounted solidly. the only other thing to make it a better install would be to put the pulsoids in a cooler place, but i wasnt too fussed about that anyway as it doesn't make a massive difference,
Toby
Premium Member

1st Jun 07 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how hard was it to fit and what was your insurance like about it?
willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
how hard was it to fit and what was your insurance like about it?

fitting is reasonably easy, mounting the bottle, routing the lines and mounting the pulsoids are the time consuming bit.

insurance is just £100 extra a year on my policy
bubble

1st Jun 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willhouse
quote:

wasnt really bothered about looks seeing as though the engine bay is filthy anyway as its covered in waxoyl if thats what you are meaning about a poor install.

if your on about a poor install in terms of function then it isnt poor- hoses to crossfire are nice and short as they should be, and the pulsoids are mounted solidly. the only other thing to make it a better install would be to put the pulsoids in a cooler place, but i wasnt too fussed about that anyway as it doesn't make a massive difference,

personally, id have the bottle floating at 45 degree angle. the earths would not be anywhere else apart from the negative side of the battery.

just my professional opinion.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Jun 07 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

should have seen mine on the mini moto, one of those ebay kits, hahaha ah well live and learn
willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

personally, id have the bottle floating at 45 degree angle. the earths would not be anywhere else apart from the negative side of the battery.

just wondering why you think the bottle would be better angled more?
bubble

1st Jun 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

in bottled form nitrous oxide is a gas and a liquid-anglin it nearer 45degrees enables the nitrous to have a good mix of both gas and liquid.
willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

in bottled form nitrous oxide is a gas and a liquid-anglin it nearer 45degrees enables the nitrous to have a good mix of both gas and liquid.

Sorry but im afraid your a bit wrong there, you do not want the nitrous gas mixing with the liquid at all.

The liquid is the only usable product in the bottle. When all the liquid is used, the gas is the only product remaining in the bottle and is of no use and will not increase the cars performance at all.
The bottle is angled slightly so that the liquid stays in the bottom and the gas at the top. The valve tube in the bottle runs to the bottom allowing only liquid to enter in it, the pressure forces the liquid up the tube until all the liquid is used then only the gas remains. There is no need to have the bottle angled anymore than the standard wizards brackets.

When you get a bottle filled the gas and liquid are still quite active in the bottle and are 'mixed' so to speak for a good while after it being filled, its better to let the mixture settle so that the gas and liquid seperate and allowing only the liquid to be injected from the bottom of the bottle. i have experience a freshly filled botle being used and the performance is noticeably decreased against a settled bottle of nitrous.

bubble

1st Jun 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry but im afraid your a bit wrong there, you do not want the nitrous gas mixing with the liquid at all.

The liquid is the only usable product in the bottle. When all the liquid is used, the gas is the only product remaining in the bottle and is of no use and will not increase the cars performance at all.
The bottle is angled slightly so that the liquid stays in the bottom and the gas at the top. The valve tube in the bottle runs to the bottom allowing only liquid to enter in it, the pressure forces the liquid up the tube until all the liquid is used then only the gas remains. There is no need to have the bottle angled anymore than the standard wizards brackets.

When you get a bottle filled the gas and liquid are still quite active in the bottle and are 'mixed' so to speak for a good while after it being filled, its better to let the mixture settle so that the gas and liquid seperate and allowing only the liquid to be injected from the bottom of the bottle. i have experience a freshly filled botle being used and the performance is noticeably decreased against a settled bottle of nitrous.

interesting.

however based on the location of your outlet, u really should be positioning the bottle at about 45 degrees/the majority of nitrous containers are made so that the outlet tube lies horizontal to the siphon tube inserted into the bottle.

based on your picture, it appears you have flat mounted ur bottle-which if u have ur outlet should be facing the osr side of your boot.

also, with how it is positioned now, its imperitave you have a suitable relief line to somewhere outside ur boot,if ur pressure relief cap should split due to the flat mount, youd have a boot full of oxide gas.

im not knocking your install as such, just based on previous installs, i highly recommedn u review how yours is installed.
bubble

1st Jun 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit like this

willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

interesting.

however based on the location of your outlet, u really should be positioning the bottle at about 45 degrees/the majority of nitrous containers are made so that the outlet tube lies horizontal to the siphon tube inserted into the bottle.

based on your picture, it appears you have flat mounted ur bottle-which if u have ur outlet should be facing the osr side of your boot.

also, with how it is positioned now, its imperitave you have a suitable relief line to somewhere outside ur boot,if ur pressure relief cap should split due to the flat mount, youd have a boot full of oxide gas.

im not knocking your install as such, just based on previous installs, i highly recommedn u review how yours is installed.

the bottle is angled slightly with the valve end up by just above 15 degrees iirc, but it really is not important as long as the angle is enough so that the valve is higher than the back of the bottle (photo doesnt show that very well), the nitrous feed hose comes straight out at 90 degrees and down out of the valve as it should do with a wizards kit, (which are the best kits on the market btw).

with regards to relief line there is no need at all. the red anodized valve on the end of the bottle is an adjustable valve and realeases any excess pressure over 1800 psi and does not empty the rest of your bottle (unlike the dodgy old unreliable pressure relief caps that lose all the nitrous), it only lets the gas out enough to get the bottle down to a safe pressure.

im sure if you have a look at the book written by Trevor Langfield (who is the The Wizard of NOS) or have a look on the highpower systems website all that the stuff i have stated will be confirmed,

i really dont think that Wizards would have been installing kits in pretty much exactly the same way as mine for the last god knows how many years if they were installed incorrectly or dangerously, maybe the kits you have seen installed need reviewing.
willhouse

1st Jun 07 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the image you have shown is how the hose comes out of my valve by the way
Deano_sxi
Banned

2nd Jun 07 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought nitrous was illegal to use on public roads?
bubble

2nd Jun 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

interesting.

the bottle is angled slightly with the valve end up by just above 15 degrees iirc, but it really is not important as long as the angle is enough so that the valve is higher than the back of the bottle (photo doesnt show that very well), the nitrous feed hose comes straight out at 90 degrees and down out of the valve as it should do with a wizards kit, (which are the best kits on the market btw).

with regards to relief line there is no need at all. the red anodized valve on the end of the bottle is an adjustable valve and realeases any excess pressure over 1800 psi and does not empty the rest of your bottle (unlike the dodgy old unreliable pressure relief caps that lose all the nitrous), it only lets the gas out enough to get the bottle down to a safe pressure.

im sure if you have a look at the book written by Trevor Langfield (who is the The Wizard of NOS) or have a look on the highpower systems website all that the stuff i have stated will be confirmed,

i really dont think that Wizards would have been installing kits in pretty much exactly the same way as mine for the last god knows how many years if they were installed incorrectly or dangerously, maybe the kits you have seen installed need reviewing.

sorry i couldnt see where the outlet was-iv seen zex and nx installs and everyone has their bottles at approx 45 degrees.........

Toby
Premium Member

2nd Jun 07 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Deano_sxi

no adrian flux insure it
willhouse

2nd Jun 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

interesting.

sorry i couldnt see where the outlet was-iv seen zex and nx installs and everyone has their bottles at approx 45 degrees.........

ah right--- well the zex and nx stuff is really poor from my experience, me personally i would only ever fit a kit as per Wizards instructions, as Trevor down there has been playing with nitrous for some many years now and he does know what is best.
On the highpower systems website Trevor compared his equipment with the brand stuff and found many flaws in its design.

The technology and invovation that NOS, NX and Zex use is far behind the Wizards stuff, its worth the read on some of the stuff on the Highpower website.
willhouse

2nd Jun 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:
Originally posted by Deano_sxi

no adrian flux insure it

that is correct- and also why i am with flux
STEvieXE

2nd Jun 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much roughly would a wizard of nos kit cost???
willhouse

2nd Jun 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
how much roughly would a wizard of nos kit cost???

second hand for a decent condition kit is around 300 notes for a basic kit- around 450 for one with a progressive controller

and its about 600 notes for the basic kit brand new
STEvieXE

2nd Jun 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a progressive controller??

this feeds it in gently or seomthing doesnt it rather than dumping it in
willhouse

2nd Jun 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
do you have a progressive controller??

this feeds it in gently or seomthing doesnt it rather than dumping it in

no i dont have a progressive. im just running full hit, there is no massive need to go progressive with 25 or 50bhp depending on which engine you have.

a progressive controller pulses the nitrous in in tiny burst which makes the injection smoother, there are loads of other things that they do too- check out the highpower website as they have just brought out a new controller which does evenything from nitrous launch settings and rpm windows plus loads of other stuff.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitted the nitrous to the Astra last night- with pics 23 database queries in 0.0136621 seconds