corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 3 red lights

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 red lights
Kurt

User status: Offline
6th Jul 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so with all this hoo hah with the 360 i predict great things for the elite
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elite is exactly the same as the 360. And by that, I mean it uses the same shitty X-clamp for the processor/graphics heatsink
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the chip runs cooler in the elite
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the it still uses a dodgy X-Clamp, which is what I was refering too. They might run cooler, but it still gets hot enough for the clamp to fail.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it wont, heat isnt an issue with the new chip, it runs a hell of a lot cooler, and wont melt the clamp..
Robin
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
nothing wrong with yours is there?

Not yet, no
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well then ya badger, plus you got three years free repair on it now
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no it wont, heat isnt an issue with the new chip, it runs a hell of a lot cooler, and wont melt the clamp..

The chip is currently in development, and thus not inside any of the systems at the moment. The inner workings of an Elite and a normal 360 are exactly the same, bar an extra heatsink that new referbs are now getting also. (pure speculation about the heatsink)

[Edited on 07-07-2007 by Ren]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the chip itself runs cooler mate im telling you, jesus its like talking to a brick wall, i forget the exact scale they measure it in but it runs a lot lot cooler that was half the reasons for doing it so they would stop these recent problems. Please dont make me dig out the facts because i really CBA but if your going to continue being ignorant im going to have to

[Edited on 07-07-2007 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
For those keeping score, that means the new 65nm technology will be incorporated into both the game machine's CPU (central processing unit) and GPU (the dedicated graphics chip). The new smaller chips reportedly run a lot more efficiently than those found in current Xbox 360s. That should mean less power consumption, a cooler running temperature, and -- since cooling fans won't have to work overtime -- the possibility of a quieter overall system.

the current chip is 90nm

Ren

7th Jul 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the chip itself runs cooler mate im telling you, jesus its like talking to a brick wall, i forget the exact scale they measure it in but it runs a lot lot cooler that was half the reasons for doing it so they would stop these recent problems. Please dont make me dig out the facts because i really CBA but if your going to continue being ignorant im going to have to

Please do dig out the facts, because its just word of mouth at the moment. I read about it ages ago (start of 2007) that the chips were delayed till the middle of 2007 - to which I still havn't heard of the new chips being introduced. I know that the current chips are 90nm, but the 65nm they're planning to introduce haven't seen the light of day as yet.
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click here

Oh, and finally...

[Edited on 07-07-2007 by Ren]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed its this autumn which is only a matter of weeks away, the elite isnt even out here yet
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowhere in your posts have you said you was talking about the Elite that's coming later on this year. You've been talking about the Elite that's already out. It seems I wasn't the one being ignorant

Still, I wouldnt buy one. Black looks good, but I cant justify paying 300 quid for something I already own... Will be interested in the 120Gb hard-drive mind....
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 07 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt an elite here until later this year mate? im talking about the elite we will be able to buy here which WILL come with the cooler chip
Ren

7th Jul 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never said that, but I'm not one to dilly-dally The Elite I was talking about was the PAL version, which was rumoured to be avaliable Xmas time

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll