corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Advice from any builders?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice from any builders?
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
15th Jul 07 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering if you need special qualifications to alter anything to do with the drainage system on houses? I want to connect the waste output of the filter system on the pond that ive just built round my mums house to the drains, but i think I might have to call someone in to do it? I basically just want to connect the flexihose to the drain so when you flush out the filters it doesn dump 200 litres of dirty water onto the garden every time.
Cosmo

15th Jul 07 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just connect it up, more than likely your never going to get found out, and if you do just play dumb!
Colin

15th Jul 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you stick an access gully in close as possible to the pond & just set it up at ground level as & when required.
Cosmo

15th Jul 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or run a pipe to a drain where the rain goes down from the guttering, that way no need to mess with anything you shouldnt!
Colin

15th Jul 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could do that, depends on the drainage of the house, if its combined as most are yes do that, if its seperate rainwater / sewage I wouldnt.
drunkenfool

15th Jul 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
or run a pipe to a drain where the rain goes down from the guttering, that way no need to mess with anything you shouldnt!

That just gave me an idea! I could run the pipe under a few paving slabs too, bring it out above ground level with some proper solvent weld connectors, and then just run it down through the top where the guttering exits! The filter outlet is about 1.2m above ground level too so it would be fine
Cosmo

15th Jul 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sigibbons

16th Jul 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a carpenter but work on sites doing everything sometimes and im 90% sure you dont need to be qualified or anything to alter drainage relating to your own property and on your land.
ed

16th Jul 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad and I have built a few complete drainage systems on our farm with no qualifications. Just a few sketches on a fag box and we were away with 8 tonne excavators, dumpers, picks and all sorts. It all works as well
Mistamist

21st Jul 07 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no qualifications needed.

New Poll