corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Smith in Toon

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smith in Toon
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apprently Alan Smith is in Newcastle today to discuss terms over a possible £5M move. Why on Earth Big Sam thinks we need another striker is quite frankly beyond me given our shocking lack of cover in defence, unless, of course, one of our current batch of forwards is on the move. We'll just have to and see but hopefully this is the start of Ashley finally opening the purse strings

[Edited on 31-07-2007 by Mad Moe]
Jill
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Apparently Middlesborough, Villa and Everton are interested in him as well. Owen's out with a thigh injury wed so I should imagine Big Sam's shopping around incase Owen keeps getting injured...?

JILL
Mad Moe

31st Jul 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has turned down Boro point blank which has been well documented and I knew of interest from Villa and Everton however they dont appear to have made a move for him. Not that I would mind Smith coming in as cover, but Owen is only out for another week and we already have Martins, Viduka, Ameobi, Luque and young Carroll who has looked very impressive in Pre Season. I really just cant see the point unless one of those leaves or Big Sam sees him more as an attacking midfielder?

RyanSxi

31st Jul 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been talk of martins leaving lately? so maybe thats the reason?
Jill
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
or Big Sam sees him more as an attacking midfielder?

Well if Keiron Dyer leaves who knows eh...

JILL
Mad Moe

31st Jul 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Martins came out last week and stated he had no intentions of leaving because he loved Newcastle and it's fans and the fact he has been made to feel so welcome
Marc

31st Jul 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smith wants European football, although apparantley hes held talks with Middlesbrough now
Russ

31st Jul 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go to everton if i were him.
Tom

1st Aug 07 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everton need to convince beattie to go to shef utd first
Mad Moe

1st Aug 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apprently he is in talks with West Ham now. No doubt the will offer him £100K/Week to secure his signature
mooney

1st Aug 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everton should have beattie gone by friday, but think the money from him is to buy baines not smith
leighton baines was also spotted in the directors box last night watching the everton friendly with Werder Bremen

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Smith in Toon 24 database queries in 0.0099359 seconds