corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 1.5 DCi 100.... Thoughts?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 1.5 DCi 100.... Thoughts?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Aug 07 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a budget on £4800 try and get a decent low mileage 80.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Baskey

29th Aug 07 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a 172
Hamish

29th Aug 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the 172 definitly comes in a diesel version doesnt it . Prat. He asked for opinions on 1.5 Dci.

Derv power pow, i think im going that way too
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a decent low mileage 100 on AT at the moment. It's 160 miles from me though

pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil, the blue one is actually an 80, and the one with no picture is a 65. Other than that theres that 68k'er and the rest are too expensive or too far away.
Baskey

29th Aug 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
because the 172 definitly comes in a diesel version doesnt it . Prat. He asked for opinions on 1.5 Dci.

Derv power pow, i think im going that way too

sorry only giving my opinion, the kiddy wants to spend £4800 of his hard earned bucks. Iv driven all the cars mentioned. The clio's have a good reputation soley because of the clio sports. I dont really think the rest of the range is up to much. Why spend 4800 on a car with all the downfalls of owning a french car but with none of the real benifits.

If he wants a small oil burning hatch id go for a 1.7 corsa, or something VAG.
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had something VAG (Ibiza), I crashed it. I cant afford a Polo, I hate the Fabia's andi'm not a fan of Corsa C's!
Baskey

29th Aug 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool fair play mate, seems you know what your after.

when you go to look at one make sure the breaks are ok beacuse clios eat them. Also try and break quite hard, if you can hear a nock it will be the lower gearbox mount as they always go on these although the are quite cheep.

Also the track rod ends and drop links all go at about 50k, as do wheel bearings but other than that they should be fine. engine is pritty much bullet proof.

pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what i'm after allright.

Im going to look at a 54plate 68k'er on Saturday - just concerned that I am gunna rack the miles up as well and ill never never sell it after 3 or so years?
Baskey

29th Aug 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt be to concerned with the milage, it is a diesel after all. and these egaine go on forever

The main thing to check if its had the cam belt changed, if t hasnt it will need one. Renault will charge a fortune but an idependant garage will do it much much cheeper so you can use it as abit of a bargaining tool if it hasnt had one.

[Edited on 29-08-2007 by Baskey]
pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80k I think mate.

Ummm... its tempting - im just worrying about resale...
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sell well with high miles. My mate is on his 3rd one - Buys them, drives them hard and racks up the miles then sells them.

First one was on 109k before he wrapped it round a lamp post.

He blew the engine on the second one on 93k because of a dodgy fitted cambelt/fuel pump. That car was cursed though

3rd one is the 100 with Warranty, he's done 10k in it in 4 months.

pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 07 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil - are you on MSN?

U2U

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 1.5 DCi 100.... Thoughts? 24 database queries in 0.2404888 seconds