corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F1 McLaren Fine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F1 McLaren Fine
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 07 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH the fans should boycott F1 after this.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Hamish

13th Sep 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you know that will never happen. It didnt happen after indionapalis (sp) all those years ogo when only 6 cars started on the grid
Robin
Premium Member

13th Sep 07 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see a problem with obtaining information about another team's car TBH, it just makes the sport more competitive if McLaren know what Ferrari are planning and can do something similar, the cars will be closer to eachother.

Calling it cheating is silly, and boycotting it is even sillier
lil_g

13th Sep 07 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of Sh*te!
FlamingCorsa

13th Sep 07 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mclaren were found guilty but not peanilized few months back which i dont understand!

and if they been found guilty now then surely they must have done summit wrong............

gutted they wont have $100to spend on new motor home or summit like that which they like to spend they money on!

i am a ferrari fan tho, they are passionate, just feel mclaren are all show, spend so much on publisity and there motorhomes etc!

i do like hamelton tho and hope he wins title!

bring back micheal tho.............would have been interecting to c wot he would have done if he was still racing this yea!?
FlamingCorsa

13th Sep 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i heard that couple of races ago mclaren used a gearbox that was not crash tested so it was not legal to use............they just got fined 50k and no other action!!!

they broke the rules there again!

all sport just push rules to limits.............sometime people go over the limit
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Sep 07 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iaz respray my car
Hamish

14th Sep 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see how you can say that one of the big teams is more "showy" than one of the others. FFS there at the top of the sport thier fucking allowed to be

Also ron dennis is proberbly one of the most passionate men in F1. I would say that between him and bernie eklseton (sp) they are keeping motorsport alive in the UK

[Edited on 14-09-2007 by Hamish]
JM_16v

14th Sep 07 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is an unbelievable punishment considering how Ferrari have acted over the years in using illegal cars etc. This really does highlight how the politics of the sport get in the way of what is truly important - the racing. Fernando Alonso said it himself a year ago 'F1 is not a sport anymore
Iain M

14th Sep 07 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They got fined 49million can't score any points in the constructors championship and they have to have next years car checked to make sure they haven't used any Ferrari parts or such like.

Thats just what it said on the radio
chr15barn3s

14th Sep 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
i dont see how you can say that one of the big teams is more "showy" than one of the others. FFS there at the top of the sport thier fucking allowed to be

Also ron dennis is proberbly one of the most passionate men in F1. I would say that between him and bernie eklseton (sp) they are keeping motorsport alive in the UK

[Edited on 14-09-2007 by Hamish]

And Mclaren have just given Bernie an extra $100 million in his bank
nik

14th Sep 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 really is a lame joke. So the team have cheated yet the drivers who are driving their cars keep the points? Odd!
Mather.16v

14th Sep 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
F1 really is a lame joke. So the team have cheated yet the drivers who are driving their cars keep the points? Odd!

yes, the info that mclaren 'aquired' wasnt used on the cars, so imo thats fair
Robin
Premium Member

14th Sep 07 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

Because, like him or not, Hamilton is drawing more viewers to the sport than anyone else recently. If they stop his chance to win, people will stop watching, sponsors get annoyed, the FIA and Bernie lose money.
22B

14th Sep 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren were found guilty, all these people saying Mclaren have been robbed, they are the ones who have brought this on themselves, here is the official FIA document with all the evidence in http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/17844641__WMSC_Decision_130907.pdf

the penalty makes no sense, how can you ban them form WCC points but allow the drivers to carry on especilly when one of the drivers was found to have consulted P.de la rosa via email discussing the documents and what ideas they can use from the ferrari car. Mclaren also knew when there rivals were stopping the australian grand prix and bahrain, so much for fair competiion Its all in the document above

[Edited on 14-09-2007 by 22B]
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Sep 07 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6995594.stm

quote:
It came very close to McLaren being thrown out, it really was a genuine possibility.

A few of us sort of battled on thought 'if Hamilton gets thrown out there will be even less reason to watch it' and campaigned for the fine instead.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F1 McLaren Fine 24 database queries in 0.2341330 seconds