corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Emirates *With PICS*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Emirates *With PICS*
Nath

User status: Offline
20th Sep 07 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well........ Lovely stadium! It somehow manages to come out of nowhere too. I was walking down the street, took a rght, then wham! A massive stadium appears. Had no problems getting there either, the underground was fairly busy but not too bad.

The seats are huuuuge, and nicely padded too. But if I were a fat bloke I doubt i'd trust them, they seem to flex an awful lot. Plus standing up to let people walk past is a nightmare because they are so huge!

Good accoustics too. The Sevilla fans were nuts, got some wierd ass chants and seem to like jumping around for no reason.

I had amazing seats, right on the halfway line next to the tunnel.

Got some decent pics to come later.

Nae bad for free

[Edited on 23-09-2007 by Nath]
Cosmo

20th Sep 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

useless without pics you chump

Although, I shall be making the trip to the Emirates this season, always hearing good stuff about it other than the missing supporters for 90% of the game and how quiet the fans are
Robbo

20th Sep 07 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome aint it Nath, yeah it deffo just appears in front of you as you walk down Holloway road

Seats are great until everyone wants to move, you cant move em with your bum like usual seats
Nath

20th Sep 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
useless without pics you chump

Although, I shall be making the trip to the Emirates this season, always hearing good stuff about it other than the missing supporters for 90% of the game and how quiet the fans are

I'm at work, so wait

They weren't that quiet to be honest, the fans that sit opposite the away fans seem to make the most noise, and start most of the chants. I've definately witnessed quieter fans.
dave17

20th Sep 07 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get the whole quiet arsenal fans thing? everytime ive been there is been pretty mental!! especially in the opposite corner to the away fans
Cosmo

20th Sep 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
I dont get the whole quiet arsenal fans thing? everytime ive been there is been pretty mental!! especially in the opposite corner to the away fans

TBH I was only trying to get a bite with the quiet thing.

But on TV it does always seem to be empty just before and after halftime, and also after about 80mins.
Nath

20th Sep 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of fans left with 5-10 mins to go, but I can see why. It took ages to get back to Finsbury Park, and the Underground train was rammed!
dave17

20th Sep 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The middle teir is free food and drink at half time, so you can imagine why people go inside

The underground around there is a nightmare, if you leave at the end it takes atleast 45mins to get on the tube, leaving 5 mins early saves alot of time unfortunately
Robbo

20th Sep 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That it does David

Nath... why did you go to Finsbury Park tube station? SHould have gone to H&I... easier to get to IMO and a bigger station
Nath

20th Sep 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
That it does David

Nath... why did you go to Finsbury Park tube station? SHould have gone to H&I... easier to get to IMO and a bigger station

Was meeting my Cousin and that's where he wanted to meet.
Darren M

20th Sep 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They weren't that quiet to be honest, the fans that sit opposite the away fans seem to make the most noise, and start most of the chants. I've definately witnessed quieter fans.

thats were i was sitting last night! best area of the stadium for noise, and also next to the away supporters is good.
Corsa_Joel

21st Sep 07 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair there are a lot of cunts at Arsenal now in there suits eating prawn sarnies etc. but a lot of us there still get a decent atmosphere going and outsing quite a few fans, where I sit its decent anyway and its usually standing for 90mins with many sing songs.
Nath

23rd Sep 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now for the pics:

That's pretty much it. Ran out of space on the memory card
Marc

23rd Sep 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatley a stadium I plan to visit, Emirates Cup next year maybe.
Nath

23rd Sep 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a lovely stadium. Well worth a visit. Probably the best stadium i've been to. Not as breath taking as OT, but alot more comfortable and a nice design.
rob_zetec

23rd Sep 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great pics mate looks like you had a great view aswel
Nath

23rd Sep 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the seats were ace. My cousin got to choose them before the stadium was built. They had a virtual model of the stadium and it gave views from any seat, so you know what you'll be getting

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Emirates *With PICS* 24 database queries in 0.0094311 seconds