corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a CAT-C corsa back on the road

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a CAT-C corsa back on the road
luciaadr

User status: Offline
26th Sep 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righto, my corsa was unceromoniously written off not so long ago and has now been restored.

What do i do now? I gather I need a VIC check, so i can book that up but how do i get there? The car is fine (tax and test) but it's illegal to drive on the road at the moment isnt it?

Cant drive it until its VIC'ed and cant VIC it until I can drive it to the testing centre. Am i stuffed?

Cant be doing with a low-loader, they cost £££

James_DT

26th Sep 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can drive it to and from the VIC legally. You'll need a new MOT first, though, AFAIK. The date it gets MOT'd will be the date listed as repaired on the logbook.

[Edited on 26-09-2007 by James_DT]
luciaadr

26th Sep 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep on hearing conflicting things. If i can drive it to the VOSA testing centre thats awesome. I rang one up and the woman wasn't sure
I'll try again. Last thing i want to be doing is driving illegally.
James_DT

26th Sep 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can. I did it yesterday with the Laguna. The application for a VIC is on the VOSA site, and it says on there you can do it.
You'll need a new MOT before. VOSA won't do the VIC unless the MOT is valid. You can drive the car to AND from the MOT legally.
luciaadr

26th Sep 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that. Hadn't reckoned on a new MOT but that shouldn't be a problem.
bigjim172000

26th Sep 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hah wot a load of Bull sh** the VIC is. I had a CAT C corsa which i put on the road. Got to VOSA, the guy came out the office, looked at VIN on paper i gave him and reg plates and went back in and signed te car to be correct! Never looked at MOT or nout.
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Sep 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh they are not there to check mot, they are there to check that the car isn't a ringer, you just need the mot to legally drive to the centre
James_DT

26th Sep 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're supposed to check the car at least has an MOT, as you require it to drive there and back. To be fair, their computer probably tells them that before you start. It is only to check the car's identity and not it's roadworthiness or the quality of repairs.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a CAT-C corsa back on the road 23 database queries in 0.0098100 seconds