corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got pulled ......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got pulled ......
ed

User status: Offline
27th Sep 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's illegal and all, but you have to love it don't you; there is one government organisation making money selling you number plates that you can change the font and spacing on to make it say a word, and then another government organisation making money off of you for doing so
johnhara1

27th Sep 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's illegal and all, but you have to love it don't you; there is one government organisation making money selling you number plates that you can change the font and spacing on to make it say a word, and then another government organisation making money off of you for doing so

The websites selling the plates i.e fancyplates have warning stating that anything other than standard fonts and standard spacing are for SHOW USE ONLY!

If some people werent stupid they would correctly space thier plate when designing it online if they intend to use it on the road.
chris-sri

27th Sep 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dione J
quote:
Originally posted by MJ
its standard size and type font, he said there cameras can not read it, well get them fixed then. there was only one copper in the car as well
Didn't think they are allowed to get out of the car if there on there own? or maybe its a rumor

Of course they're allowed to get out of the car. Speeding is the only offence that requires the opinion of two Officers or one Officer and a speed measuring device such as VASCAR or a speedo.
Pop

27th Sep 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bit lost really why you're moaning.
Whittie

27th Sep 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really think i should get rid of the small front plate.
Kenzie

27th Sep 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
I got pulled for mine. I had C2RL R instead of C2 RLR. i had legal plates in my boot and he just asked me to change them there and then.

me too. got pulled for having R83 3XDT because my name is row. but the gap between the two groups of digits was huge lol. but i had my original plates on me so he said just to change them. it was a traffic officer too!
MJ

27th Sep 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not moaning just think for something so petty they fined me when he could of just warned me as i had the others in the boot anyway.
Deadude

27th Sep 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fare enuff its illegal n whatever however im 99% sure the cameras can still read them perfectly fine no matter how your numberplate is set out unless the older cameras cant :S
Jamie

27th Sep 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grogan
quote:
Originally posted by bulmz2k7
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie

Its comical how many folk fail to realise this

If the size & font were wrong then fair enough but one letter not quite in the right place seems a bit of an over reaction IMO

[Edited on 27-09-2007 by bulmz2k7]

wots the difference? both just as illegal as each other!

Exactly. Its the law.

Break it - your going to pay the price.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got pulled ...... 23 database queries in 0.0099509 seconds