corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is everyone in parts a monkey?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is everyone in parts a monkey?
jr

User status: Offline
26th Oct 07 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
my local vaux parts department are useless. they keep asking me if my corsa 1.6 sport is an 8v or 16v.

VW are useless as well, they told me yesterday that there is no such thing as a polo 1.6 16v, when I told them about the polo gti they denied knowledge of it at first, they then told me that the polo gti engine didnt have valve stem oil seals

and then i came to the rescue
jr

26th Oct 07 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can look at it from the other side and TBH some customers are useless as well

its very easy to have a go, but i assure you, parts advisor/supervisor, espically for a prestige brand is not just a case or looking at badly drawn diagrams on a pc

[Edited on 26-10-2007 by jr]
jr

26th Oct 07 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had people tell me they want a bumper for a GOLF Polo FFS, ive told them thats 2 diffrent cars to which they wanted to argue with me about it
Rebecca

26th Oct 07 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best one I've ever had is some guy asking for spark plugs... for a diesel!

Mong.
TheCam

26th Oct 07 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrits very easy to have a go, but i assure you, parts advisor/supervisor, espically for a prestige brand is not just a case or looking at badly drawn diagrams on a pc

damn right, Im a partsman for Renault and Ive just promoted and now i run my own department at another branch and i assure you there is a fair amount of work involved. and yes, i am a high school drop out lol
sam-smith

26th Oct 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today at peugeot parts. can we have backing plates for a girling (or hhowever it is spelt) peugeot 205 GTI

"that front or back brakes"

me my dad and his mate (thats two pug mechanics stood there with me) look at eachother and grin and just say "ummm the back....."
Adam C
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in parts,
the majority of customers i get dont know what car they drive, had some guy come in asking for a mirror glass, asked him what car it was and he didnt have the foggiest idea what it was.

He went to find out lol, he came back and told me it was a ford.
I then asked what model it was.
He again replied with Ford.
I said, no, what model, theres many different model fords.
He replies with "Is there?, abit over complicated if you ask me."

I ended up going outside and getting the car details for him lol.

IMO i dont think im a 'monkey' as im into cars and when someone asks me for something 90% of the time I know what they're on about.
Most of the other guys i work with on parts arn't into there cars and couldnt care less to be honest, so if someone comes in and asks for something and they dont know what it is, the older members of staff will just say they dont have it and send them on there way.

Where as the younger members of staff just panic and stand there going 'Umm, dunno whats that?'

Ive been working on parts for 1 year and 7 months and admit for the first 2-3months i was a 'monkey' most of the time, put down to my age and inexperience with cars mostly.

You get differnet people wherever you go really, some are good some are bad.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Simon from Wales

27th Oct 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
iv worked in parts, and id say unless your doing the job better then them stfu

tbf tho if there usuing autopart there is no excuse, all you need is the reg and the computer tell you everything.

this feature is a god send for us boys in parts, as half the time customers don't know what cars they have, but it doesn't tell you if the car has abs, aircon, powersteering, vented/solid brake discs, make of brake system, engine code, if there is a tit behind the wheel!!!

After working in a vauxhall dealer ship and working my arse off to keep people on the road still can't get over the fact that people expect you to keep everypart ever made on the shlelf, ahahhahahahahahahahah
Cyril

27th Oct 07 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in parts for a peugeot dealer and the latest computer system really doesnt cater for the older cars ie it wont take a 205 chasis no but i no a few people who i get part for there gti's and with a bit of help from them and showing them pictures cant say ive had any bother with getting wrong parts.
Kurt

27th Oct 07 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
today at peugeot parts. can we have backing plates for a girling (or hhowever it is spelt) peugeot 205 GTI

me my dad and his mate (thats two pug mechanics stood there with me) look at eachother and grin and just say "ummm the back....."

you sound like one of those nobs that think they know it all, tbh how many 205's do you think theyre going to look up in a day???

id say they be lucky to look up 1 a week
Cyril

27th Oct 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith

you sound like one of those nobs that think they know it all, tbh how many 205's do you think theyre going to look up in a day???

id say they be lucky to look up 1 a week

you are right there mate and as new cars come out and the computers are updated the older cars get harder to look the parts up for.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is everyone in parts a monkey? 24 database queries in 0.1048980 seconds