corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » refurb astra gsi wheels thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author refurb astra gsi wheels thread
corsa120

User status: Offline
30th Oct 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i brought my astra gsi back in january there were couple of things i was not happy with but i knew they could be sorted, one was wheels the guy took good care of the car but sadly had a fetish for KURBS LOL

now im not pro sprayer im electro/mechanical engineer, but i do have 9 years experiance with working with a pro sprayer so i basically no all there is to no lol

so finally got around to refurbing them myself luckily for me i have full spraying facilities at work and have full use of them but i have to buy paint as its a engineering firm lol not bodyshop.

starts here in this pic is the kurbing its pretty much like this on 2 wheels and other 2 arent bad but in no way perfect,

then came the prepping of each wheel this did take some time but is worth it, ive filled the wheels with normal bodyfiller on the slight imperfections and used chemical ally metal on the worst parts which was then rubbed down and primed with etch primer, then rubbed with 800/1000/1200 grit papers and then scotched ready for painting,

then i went to my local paint factors and brought opel star silver 1/2ltr and 2k lacquer and hardener.
the came MY WEAPON OF CHOICE devilbliss gravity fed gun,

then came the basecoat for each wheel

then the 2k lacquer, love this stuff soooo shiny lol this is first coat

then top coat of lacquer

then they were left to dry and this is the finished article,

and finally fitted back on my car, dont they look swell

M Sutton

30th Oct 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good job mate, car looks sweet..
sport16v

30th Oct 07 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely
Sean-B

30th Oct 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate those are mint!
Sean-B

30th Oct 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did your spray gun and compressor setup cost? and how much is the paint roughly?
corsa120

30th Oct 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no we have a spray booth at work but that is my own gun which i gto through work but paint all in was about 50 quid, that for 1/2 ltr of basecoat which will mix into a litre with thinners, then 1 litre of 2k lacquer and hardener and we have thinners at work so did not need that
mark106mark

30th Oct 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perfect mate!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » refurb astra gsi wheels thread 24 database queries in 0.0080309 seconds