corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sharepoint wookies?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sharepoint wookies?
barteh

User status: Offline
12th Nov 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some advice with the backend of sharepoint as im really not familar with it. Not sure if theres anyone whos familiar with this stuff (virtual servers etc).
We are currently running WSS 2.0 SP3.

Im trying to upgrade the installation to WSS 3.0. Ive read the technet procedure which advise running 3.0 along side then converting everything. This is fine except it appears sharepoint team services 1.0 is installed as the virtual server and will not let me do anything with it until that is upgraded.

From what ive read I need to create a new virtual server and extend it? I was wondering if this is pretty straight forward and what the implications might be, since ive never done this.

After creating a new server would i be forced to setup everything again?

On another note, ive just installed SQL express, and might consider convering the wmsde database over to SQL, should this be done after?

thanks,

New Poll