corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine rotates but wont start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine rotates but wont start
Mike GSi

User status: Offline
12th Nov 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the ignition is switched on i can hear the buzzing of the fuel pressuring. ive took the fuel pump out and tested it directly to the battery, also the fuses and relays are good. what can it be?
Limecat
Banned

12th Nov 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked for a spark and if the injectors are firing?

I assume when you say it rotates in the title that the car is turning over?
Mike GSi

12th Nov 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, turns over, checked spark etc, but even if the injectors are shot, the fuel pump would still work right? i CANT hear the Pump pressurising?
Limecat
Banned

12th Nov 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you checked the spark, what was the result? I assume you have one?

It won't be that the injectors are shot, as there is no way that all 4 would fail at the same point (or get blocked enough), if you have no spark and no feed to the injectors then it is crank sensor/ECU related.

So you cant hear the pump pressurising? In the first post you said you could, I will assume that is a typo.

It will only buzz until it primes the system, then it will shut up.

Check you have an electrical feed to it using a multimeter. You can check to see if you are getting pressure with the take off on the rail which unscrews and you depress it (like a shroeder valve setup) assuming it has one like an C20XE/LET does. Or take the fuel line off the rail, I think it is a 19mm socket, put it into a bottle and turn the ingnition on, it should keep pumping until the tank runs dry. You can then poor it back in the tank.

New Poll