corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » GYM DAY: Its starting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GYM DAY: Its starting
mattk

User status: Offline
12th Jan 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im starting back the gym this week, due to me being ill ive not been since christmas

as regard to the diet, this year im not pissing about

I need guidance of what to eat to build the muscle

I eat alot of chicken and rice! is wholemeal rice better, what is the best way to cook an egg and I cant stand tuna

i have my optimum 100% whey as a supplement and im drinking plenty of water

basically i need diet tips
p

12th Jan 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing the same as you fella!
mattk

12th Jan 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good man, If been going for a year, ive seen good progress my form is very good and my strength has improved, people have noticed ive been going but my diet at best has been patchy and this is holding me back

cant wait to get back
Craig W

12th Jan 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At this stage consistency is the key for you. Try to eat every 3'ish hours to keep your body in an anabolic state. If you let your body go for long periods without food you'll be in a catabolic state and your body will look to itself for nutrients. Basically wasting away your gains.
Chicken and rice is good, i cant be specific as to what you should eat and when because i dont know what times you can eat, when you can train etc.
Personally im consuming around 1kg of chicken daily, 10-20 eggs (mostly whites), and various supplements. My carb source is mainly rice, oats and sometimes wholemeal bread.
p

12th Jan 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good lad.
Well about 6 months ago i was doing 5 days a week, between 1 hour and 2 hours and I did that for about 2 months, i saw a bit of improvement but my job changed all that.
But now my jobs changed again so im going back again and I start Monday!(at the gym)

[Edited on 12-01-2008 by corsadee]
Craig W

12th Jan 08 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and as for cooking an egg, i scramble mine
mattk

13th Jan 08 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, I can fit meals in any time of the day, we dont have set times for breaks and dinner, we just stop for a sec and eat,

are cooked chicken, like the ones you get in the supermarket ready cooked in the fridge you can eat from the tray, are they any good, their piss easy and on the label says they contain 28grms of protien per 100grms, theres like 180gms in there so thats quite a bit

too good to be true?
Craig W

13th Jan 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meat usually has at least 22g of protein per 100g.

I never buy cooked chicken. If you buy fresh breasts you'll notice a world of difference in taste to pre cooked breasts. With a fresh breast you know what you're getting. With ready cooked chicken they're usually pumped with water/salt etc to get the weight up - crap.
mattk

13th Jan 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh thanks for that info, yeah they do seem a bit watery

chicken is easy to prepare anyway, in these days of the george forman

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » GYM DAY: Its starting 24 database queries in 0.0088949 seconds