corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » WTF is Wenger taking?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WTF is Wenger taking?
chris-sri

User status: Offline
15th Jan 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take the Premier League in isolation then visitors to Liverpool have taken more points away from Anfield. However at this stage in the season Liverpool have already played United, Chelsea and Arsenal at home. Everton still have to play Chelsea at Goodison. I don't care what Wenger says I would far rather go away to Goodison than Anfield. What surprises me the most is that he's actually seen something that's happened this season - That has to be a collectors item.
Tom

15th Jan 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Or possibly got bored of you

I stand by my point of bringing goals scored and conceeded into it, aswell as cup games.

And I also stand by my point about talking about Arsenal specifically, as who is Wenger to comment on if it was easier for other teams at either place as he would have fuck all idea about how easy or hard it was.

How can you include cup games? Liverpool are in the Champions league, Everton aren't. Everton are in the UEFA Cup (and won every game) and Liverpool aren't. You have no direct means of comparrison between the 2 so it is totally non sensical.

As already stated goals scored and conceeded are fairly irrelevant, results get you points and the table shows that Everton are better at getting points at home than Liverpool are. This isn't Speedball 2 where you get extra league points for goals scored you know?

How you can take results from only 1 team is beyond me? Is a season 2 games long, I thought you had to play 18 other teams over 2 fixtures?

And you think that wengers view is not clouded by the fact he has played liverpool more in the past 2 years than he has everton? Is blatently aimed at winding liverpool up. As you say the season is only half way ran it's course. We shall see if wengers view is still 'correct' at the end of the season when we will most likely have a better home record than everton (as has been the case pretty much every year bar maybe 2005 when they finished above us).

Why you are taking such a keen interest as an oldham fan is beyond me
Marc

15th Jan 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
'well there you go then'

Very well put together reply that marc well done, full marks

To the point (or not!)
Cosmo

15th Jan 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
How you can take results from only 1 team is beyond me? Is a season 2 games long, I thought you had to play 18 other teams over 2 fixtures?

Wenger said that it is TOUGHER to go to Goodison than Anfield. Now in my opinion that would suggest he either...

1. Knows what it is like for ALL the teams when they have played at both grounds. i.e. he knew just how hard they had to play to get a result, how well the played individually, bookings/sendings off, injuries, etc.

2. Knows what it is like when Arsenal have played at both these grounds.

Now IMO he can only truely comment on one of these, and thats the second point. So in that case its best to look at the results Arsenal have got in the league at both of these grounds.

Now...if he said 'At the moment Liverpool seem to be dropping more points at home than their local rivals' then I'd agree, but that doesnt mean that Everton are giving tougher games to teams.
Limecat
Banned

16th Jan 08 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does know what it is like for other teams though - the league table. You can find out bookings/sending offs and injuries just reading The Sun!

He will also have people watching selected matches. He will have a damn site more than MOTD at his disposal!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » WTF is Wenger taking? 24 database queries in 0.0076890 seconds