corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why dont 2.0XE corsa sell?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why dont 2.0XE corsa sell?
s1oww

User status: Offline
15th Jan 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been looking for a 2.0xe corsa and one of my worries is when i come to sell it again as i only want it as a fun fill in car.

There are quite a lot on the market and none seem to be selling.
Do people not want them?
Whats the reason?

Its not because its just after christmas because i and a few friends have sold all our cars already this year.
Fro

15th Jan 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sold and i didnt even need to advertise it

Could be down to, them being a conversion car and they are rumoured to always have problems so some people do not see it being worth the risk unless they know the history of the vehicle, i.e where the conversion was done condition of engine, whats gone wrong with it etc.

[Edited on 15-01-2008 by fro-dizzle]
FruitBooTeR

15th Jan 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob because a lot of them have been done on the cheap, only half of them out there are actualy decent
Whittie

Probably because people don't know who did the conversion, if it's been 'bodged' and insurance may be a problem for some drivers.
JayCarr

I've advertised mine in lots of places, but just had time wasters wanting to know if its registered as a 1.4 still coz they cant insure it as a 2.0.

The reason mine isn't selling is because you can get 2.0 corsa's for a grand now, so people go for the cheap ones.
Whittie

15th Jan 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^Some people who aren't keen corsa enthusiasts won't understand why some corsa's are £3.5k+ as they don't know what works gone into the cars.
lil_g

15th Jan 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Prob because a lot of them have been done on the cheap, only half of them out there are actualy decent

quote:
Originally posted by Fro-dizzle
Mine sold and i didnt even need to advertise it

s1oww

15th Jan 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see that as back in my nova days a lot were slapped in with no thought.
I have seen a lot for a grand and i'm really tenmpted, but can see myself being stuck with it for ages.

Really good ones will always sell and for good money, ie full history from Courtneys or the like.
JayCarr

15th Jan 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
^Some people who aren't keen corsa enthusiasts won't understand why some corsa's are £3.5k+ as they don't know what works gone into the cars.

Thats true, and think is why mine's not selling. I need an enthusiast to buy it

Or strip parts off it

[Edited on 15-01-2008 by JayCarr]
a_j_mair

15th Jan 08 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never managed to sell my car, ibiza cupra R before xmas. I was hoping it was just the time of the year TBH
now have it relisted on auto trader and few forums so fingers crossed

[Edited on 15-01-2008 by a_j_mair]
Jas

15th Jan 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo only vaux enthusiasts would want one, manily corsa clubs,,

its a big lump in the front of a car that doesnt handle to well as standard..

then obviously there the concerns of how well it was fitted.

If all the other parts have been done to compliment the engine etc..

and also insurance
Ian W

15th Jan 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO the people who are in the know when it comes to conversions, how they should be done, what else should be done to go with it would probaly rather do the job themselves.

There are exceptions to the rule but buyers of nicely converted XE's for decent money are few and far between.

Much more people out there who would rather buy a rusty rat for 1k thats still logged as a 1.2 so its nice and cheap on the insurance.

Its a shame but lets be honest, we knew we were throwing money away when we all done our conversions
s1oww

15th Jan 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There does seem to be quite a few for £1k.
I think some of the problem is a lot are chav'd up as well as having the engine, i'm looking for a total sleeper.
jamie m

15th Jan 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id never sell one anyway, get more money to strip it, i did with my nova and made nearly 6k but couldnt get above 3.5k on the net. new cars are coming down in price now and there easier to insure nowdays so young people tend to go for them.
Rick Draper

15th Jan 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sold straight away last year, got a good price for it but it was a properly done conversion. Unlike some that i have seen.
Winemaker

15th Jan 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of us don't build our cars as an investment, we build it for our own pleasure; to be enjoyed, to appreciate the hard work and show other people what we have done to our cars.

Why do you want one? If you just want it to drive around and dont care then get the first one you see, if you want a quick turn around to make a profit or get your money back, forget it these cars are money munchers LOL, we do it for the love of modifying these cars. And if they are re-sold they are usually re-sold to another enthusiast who knows the history of the car and previous work the owner has done.
johnhara1

15th Jan 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sold straight away.

IMO it's because everyone knows you dont build an XE corsa to drive sensibly. They've all been ragged even if the engines do love it

Then there's insurance which to be honest most are still insured as 1.2s so thats not really a problem is it.

myke

15th Jan 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i was in the market for something like that again, i would be looking more towards a 106 rallye with 16v engine swap.
Probably a much easier conversion, so less to go wrong, similar performance, better handling, similar monies.
I'm sure there are other alternatives as well. Maybe why the corsas aren't doing so well right now?
Steve
Premium Member

15th Jan 08 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont want my honest reply lol, so im going to give my toned down version.

probably because they have had an unknown engine fitted by an unknown company etc
Jas

15th Jan 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
you dont want my honest reply lol, so im going to give my toned down version.

probably because they have had an unknown engine fitted by an unknown company etc

mild
s1oww

15th Jan 08 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on steve, whats your honest reply

I want one for some fun, not to make a profit. I do know a lot about these sort of cars, i used to have one of the first 2.016v Novas about 12 years ago (wow im getting old). I also had a Cav GSi with a turbo motor with everything done to it running 350bhp, again many many moons ago

I've lost more money on modified cars than i care to think about, stupid amounts no doubt.

As i say i just like the little vauxhalls and fancy another one for some fun. I'd rather have a nova, but they are nearly all tatty sheds.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why dont 2.0XE corsa sell? 23 database queries in 0.0143929 seconds