corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Timing Belt?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Timing Belt?
holywoodj

User status: Offline
18th Jan 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i don't want to get a reputation for not searching posts or whatever, but the reason i'm starting a new topic is, my timing belt screeches 'sometimes. infact come to think of it, when i pull of when after the car has been sitting for a few hours, give it 5 seconds and it stops, only happens when I accelerate with the clutch down. Also, I can see two belts not sure which one it is because i'm obviously inside the car...

is this something to worry about?
mattk

18th Jan 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the alternator belt thats screeching, its an easy job if you have a small bit of knowledege and a socket set
michaelclegg

19th Jan 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine screeches aswell got a new belt ready to fit is it an easy job.Had a look at the belt thats on and it looks ok is it just the wet weather?
Richardhhha

19th Jan 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new drive belt put on and it will solve it,,

but if you want to be cheap or cant afford the £10 or less it is fro a belt, then squirt some talken powder on the belt when the cars running, will make a mess but does stop is squeeking,

New Poll