corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Loss of power when cold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loss of power when cold
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jan 08 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my engines cold, the car stutters and is down on power - I have to use a bit more throttle than normal to pull away, athough it doesn't try to stall at idle at all.

Also doesn't accelerate anywhere near as well as it should.

I have notice the flange between the manifold and CAT has begun to split, so have sourced a decat and new manifold to fit on there, but I'm unsure if this could cause my symptoms, due to the exhaust expanding when its warm?

Cheers,
Tom
mattk

19th Jan 08 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a lumpy sort of running on start up?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 01:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it seems to run perfectly, with maybe a small amount of rumbling - but as soon as it is put under load (which would move the exhaust joint also) it hesitates.
lees_corsa

19th Jan 08 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a similar problem the car gets like a power lag and then all of a sudden it kicks in. mines about 2k, anyway found out it was my cold air feed, when its raining its sucking mositure into my air filter. i took it off and it was fine....
Viperek

19th Jan 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check Your distributor make sure its clean and dry. I have been loosing power cuz the engine started runing on 3 cilinders. I have changed distributor and all goes fine now
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Viperek
Check Your distributor make sure its clean and dry. I have been loosing power cuz the engine started runing on 3 cilinders. I have changed distributor and all goes fine now

No dizzy on the 16v engines mate, they are all coilpack engines
Viperek

19th Jan 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry havnt noticed
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other ideas?
lees_corsa

19th Jan 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes sticking????? cos it feels like sum1s put your handbrake on n then took it off :s
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, definitely not, its a loss of power for sure.
pow
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Temp sensor?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant? Changed that recently, and it then ran perfectly instead of overfuelling.

That seemed to cause more of a problem when it was warm than cold, whereas now its the other way round

New Poll