corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » DSL 2640b, HTTP HTTPS and FTP problems.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DSL 2640b, HTTP HTTPS and FTP problems.
V-Man

User status: Offline
19th Jan 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okie dokie!
i got the d-link 2640b wireless modem router due to the fact i have two 360's in my house.
my old router was wired, we wanted wireless connections to the xboxs, bought one wireless modem router and it didnt support 2x OPEN NAT settings on the xbox's. so done some research and found the d link, that could supposidly handle it... which it did, happy as larry.
few days later, its decided to mess around, but not with the xboxs, with the computers.
They are hard wired (as theres no point going wireless with them as they arent going far lol.) it was all working fine, everything, and then randomly msn wouldnt sign in, and then noticed that some websites werent working. thinking its just the internet, i left it, and still no msn 2 days later, well pissed off by now lol and so done some tests. the only thing that has come back wrong is windows explorers connection diagnosis thing comes back saying that it cant connect to the internet through "HTTP 80, HTTPS 443 or FTP 21".... which sucks, so i left it again thinking its the internet still, and in the end put my old wired router back on thinking, there was no problem with that and it worked fine straight away, so its gotta be the 2640b modem router and something in it? its gotta have broken or something to just stop working properly?? ive reset it, looked in to the settings etc done evrything i can think of, but cant figure it out.

as i said, it all worked fine when it went in and i set it up... so it has to work? and then just a few days ago stopped.... and this HTTP, HTTPS and FTP are the problem i think.
so if anyone can help, can someone tell me, how to sort this "cant access the internet through..." problem? its gettin me down lol cos im not thick thick when it comes to computers etc, but cant sort this out, so hopefully the routers just busted and i can feel better that i couldnt sort it lol

cheers for any help
Dave

New Poll