corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » another easy question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author another easy question
chunky_nb

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may be easy but if i fuck it up thts a lot of moneys worth to repair, how do i debadge/rubstrip my corsa 1998 sport, ive heard from a mate who owns a corsa c hairdryer will do the trick? true false? others have said boiling water, on my old car (1.2) the breeze badges were half off so i just peeled em off and the excess glue i rubbed of gently with a rag with a wincy bit of white spirits then polish
Richardhhha

24th Jan 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hair dryer will help,

i just pulled teh badges and strips off by hand then sprayed them with wd40 and left it for about 20 minuits and it came off a treat but i dont think its a clever thing to do just worked for me
Haimsey
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the hair dryer to warm the adhesive up behind them then pulled the badges off. Then carried on using the hair dryer to heat up the rest of the adhesive left behind, gently using a credit card card to scrape at the adhesive.

I got most of it off and then just used Auto Glym bug and tar remover to get the rest of it off using plenty of elbow grease

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
B3KAN

24th Jan 08 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started taking mine off but got bored of pealing glue off so stuck them back on and painted them
Haimsey
Premium Member

24th Jan 08 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
chunky_nb

24th Jan 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads weather good down here saturday so clean and debadge an pics lol

New Poll