corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b lowering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b lowering
WideBoyCorsa

User status: Offline
26th Jan 08 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am trying to lower my corsa and having a bit of trouble getting the shock apart i have been through the tutorial, but my shocks are standard and his are after market. i can not get the top center nut off any suggestions?
k e l

26th Jan 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take to a garage and let them air gun it off. be qicker for them to do it then struggling with it
WideBoyCorsa

26th Jan 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well car is all in parts and i am actually doing this right now!! really need someone who has done this before... themselves!! lol
tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a max power haynes manual (cheesy i know lol) but shows you exactly how to take the springs off etc

recommend it
k e l

26th Jan 08 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a corsa b or c. have you got spring commpressors on . for a b you need a swan neck 15mm spanner i think
tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u got coil spring compressers (spring clamps) in use? should make it easier...
ad-sport

26th Jan 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom-corsa
have u got coil spring compressers (spring clamps) in use? should make it easier...

and a damn sight safer
k e l

26th Jan 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the bolts at the top that i guess are the problem. you have to get a spanner on one section to stop the shock from spinning, and the other to undo the bolt. but on corsa bs its hard to get a spanner on the nut to stop the shock from spinning. but on c's its a peice of piss. thats why i said if its solid to get off dont brake anything just try to take them to sume where with an airgun

[Edited on 26-01-2008 by k e l]
tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its a 9mm spanner ^^ could be rong
Toby
Premium Member

26th Jan 08 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the top nut you are struggling to get off as the shock is spinning, replace the shock in the turret and reatch the small bolts so the shock is in nice and tight then take your 18(??) swan neck spanner and allen key or 9m spanner and losen it then it stops it all spinning, then remove from turret and remove normal way
scottyp1989

26th Jan 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or put it back in as said above an use mole grips on the piston
Dan J

26th Jan 08 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deep swan neck 18mm round outside nut on top and a ratchet with narrow 9mm socket in the centre, or very small 9mm spanner. It's really easy with the right tools. If u havn't got spring compressors i strongly reccomend not doing it yourself though. Standard springs are twice as long uncompressed. I'm sure you can work out the dangers!
ad-sport

26th Jan 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont put mole grips on the piston, ever. this will just fuck the seals up on the shock and end up needing new shocks. as said above if you dont have spring compressors you realy dont want to be doing this job. if you have the shockers off take them and the new springs to a garage n pay to have them swapped.

New Poll