corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue 2.0 8v budget project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue 2.0 8v budget project
corsa333
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
28th Jan 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been on here a while and corsa321 finally persuaded me to get a project thread going

it all started when my mate offered me his r reg 1.4 club with waterpump bearings on way out for grand total of 100 pound

bodywise the car is solid just wanted engine original plan was to fix engine and keep pretty much standard but then was offered a 2.0 calibra with 88k and fsh wich i couldnt resist hence the project begins

the car when i bought it came with the alloys seibring exhaust and 40mm spring kit unfortunatly one wheel needs repairing

couldnt resist putting my badboy bonnet on it after that decided to build the corsa i wanted instead of leaving it standard so gave it quick clean fitted smooth fuel flap tinted rears which aint staying allthough the black and blue contrast suits it imo then ended up trading the badboy to bloke of here for chrome angels and cash which i now regret as i want to keep it lol

the calibra doner car which im breaking for parts

out came the 1.4

decided to sort front panel out while engine was out paint was in bit of a state

engine bay getting plates welded in this weekend hopefully then bay will be sprayed again and get the cally engine in

decided to remove rear wiper to check rust wich left a large hole where it had rotten through so decided to smooth the boot and badboy the plates welded in and given skim of fibre glass to seal edges

decided wanted a plate recess in back bumper so found old clio bumper in my spares pile butchered it with grinder and fitted to corsa rear

still needs final touches converted the corsa loom to run the clio's standard twin plate lamps and cut the old corsa light out ready to be smoothed

got set of gsi skirts pissing 1 lpiece and all covers so decided to smooth the covers in as would only lose new ones again any way

thats how it currently stands going to get back end finished this weekend hopefully then colour coded all arches and bumper tops anthracite along with the wheels also got a gsi front with corsa c irmscher splitter custom moddified to fit and blended in just needs finishing

bodywise everything except boot is available for sale as im changing rest

just bought an opel grille of ebay waiting for that to arrive

[Edited on 28-01-2008 by corsa333]
corsa333

28th Jan 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110216043994&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001
corsa321

28th Jan 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u finaly got 1 started then gladys
corsa333

28th Jan 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer might encourage me to keep going with it instead of geting board halfway through lol
eastend

28th Jan 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you recieved the angels yet mate?

corsa333

28th Jan 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet got tracking no ?
eastend

28th Jan 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be with you tomorrow then, only sent them off friday at 2, sent it with royal mail
corsa333

28th Jan 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ill let ya now when arrive then sort out a day to courier bonnet
eastend

28th Jan 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good mate, just give me a U2U when they arrive

nice project btw
corsa333

28th Jan 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do and cheers mate just need to get another badboy regret selling other now lol
corsa333

29th Jan 08 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought some coilovers

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=400347&pid=5356776#pid5356776
OPC-Kearney

29th Jan 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a savage project.. what kinda bhp are you expecting from it man when she's finished?
corsa333

29th Jan 08 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leaving engine standard while get full car up to scratch but towing with the idea of an 8v turbo
corsa333

29th Jan 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chassis strengthening plates now fitted and badboy bonnet started ie plates welded on pics tomorrow
corsa333

30th Jan 08 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started abusing calibra today engines ready to be dropped tomorrow and in corsa by weekend hopefully

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue 2.0 8v budget project 24 database queries in 0.0135100 seconds