corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 - Racing Game

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 - Racing Game
James

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I current don't have a racing game in my collection so i'm looking at getting one.

Just downloaded the Burnout Paradise demo but not played it.

What is the best racing game out for the PS3?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forza 2
James

3rd Feb 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chump
Matt H

3rd Feb 08 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few OK ones, but not a brilliant one

F1 is really good but it can lose it's appeal quickly, NFS prostreet is meant to be OK ish

I still play GT4 if I want a decent range of track, will prepare you for GT5 too
Paul_J

3rd Feb 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Forza 2

I was just discussing with Chris_UK on Msn about how crap Forza 2 is.

Just been at home playing 'Live For Speed' online, having a great laugh, full feeling of being in control, even at the edge.

Then come back to uni and loaded up forza 2 and it's just like 'meh' this feels like a turd. Rear wheels spin, and it's like I've lost complete loss of traction on the rear wheels, no forward movement, just sliding off the track sideways.

I picture this being programmed with vectors on each wheel, but when the wheels are spinning, the vector should be kinda diagonal, with force both sideways (loss of traction and momentum) and forwards with the slight propulsion generated by the spinning wheel on the friction of the surface.

What it does however, is just go 'hah, I've lost grip... weeeeeee off the track I go' so the vector would essentially just be pointing sideways (i.e. where ever the momentum of the car is, let it go).

Sorry just a big rant.

Previous to this I haven't played my Xbox 360 for about 3 months. Money well spent.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe its more realistic and you just cant control it

saying that you need to experience forza with a wheel really, playing with controller is as bad as playing lfs with a mouse

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by Steve]
Nath

3rd Feb 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forza 2 is shit tbf.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont play it much anymore but thats because its a racing game and it gets boring going round tracks all the time.

but it was good when it came out
Nath

3rd Feb 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racing games in general bore me, probably why I don't rate it.
Paul_J

3rd Feb 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
maybe its more realistic and you just cant control it

saying that you need to experience forza with a wheel really, playing with controller is as bad as playing lfs with a mouse

Yeh but if you play LFS with a mouse and keyboard the physics are the same, they don't change, it's just difficult to control.

Your trying to tell me if you play Forza 2 with a wheel it'll suddenly change the physics the game is based on? Either way, I don't have a wheel for xbox 360, most people don't and as such, can only go on how it feels with a game pad, and that is utter shit. I just find the game really un enjoyable as the car's feel so poor and you don't really get any reward for driving well, instead you get rewarded for doing stupid stuff like charging into corners and braking mid bend to bring the front in, which is crap.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a lot different with the wheel aye, sounds just the same really, hard to control like lfs, you cant tell if it has good physics or not with a mouse or controller
Marc

3rd Feb 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Games with interactive controls for the win?
Nath

3rd Feb 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Games with interactive controls for the win?

*high five*
Paul_J

3rd Feb 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its a lot different with the wheel aye, sounds just the same really, hard to control like lfs, you cant tell if it has good physics or not with a mouse or controller

You can in LFS. Mouse and Keyboard provide the exact same physics and movements on the car, the way it handles etc... it's just because of that, it's hard to say find the balance (i.e. slight movements with the wheel, balancing position with the pedals) ... End of the day, if I go through a bend with a wheel in LFS and with mouse and keyboard I Expect the car to do the same and act the same and it does!

Forza 2. Just handles garbage with game pad. Now either it handles the same (garbage) with wheel and you just think it simulates handling well, or its physics completely change from carebear mode with a pad to realistic when it detects a wheel has been plugged in. I can't believe that. Would mean 2 physic engines being developed.

Forza 2 isn't hard to control, that's the problem, with a pad it's too easy, too forgiving, and does things to 'help' constantly in the back ground. I don't want no help, I want it to act like it should. As a result of the 'extra help' it is always giving you in Forza 2 the car handles unpredictably, one sec a RWD car will understeer, next sec it'll oversteer.

I had some people over at christmas who have never played Forza 2, but raced cars for real years ago, they even commented on how shit it felt - one of them saying 'This makes no sense, I'm in a RWD porsche, they're known for being tail happy... and I've got full throttle on and turning right and it's understeering'.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv read articles of real racing drivers claiming how real it felt?

even getting damn near times to what they get on the same track in the same car in real life

iv played both with a wheel, both are equally as bad or good as each other, its just you're a fanboy of one of them

youve played one with a pad controlling a car with your thumb and the other with a wheel setup

Nath

3rd Feb 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its just you're a fanboy of one of them

Thats coming from you? Seriously?!
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dead, both of you
Nath

3rd Feb 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

3rd Feb 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
iv read articles of real racing drivers claiming how real it felt?

Marketting...

I seem to remember people commenting at how realistic racing games were back on the BBC micro "It's almost like you're really there racing"

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

3rd Feb 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just found this while looking at bbc micro stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkvobF-iZDE

^^^

Lovely 3 dimensional graphics!

A real pilot in that video claims that the simulator is 'very realistic' about 2 mins 30 into that

So to your comment about forza 2 being realistic just because people say so.

[Edited on 03-02-2008 by Paul_J]
Sunz

4th Feb 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Steve why do you always add something x***3** to a PLAYSTATION3 topic, just pure spamhead all the time.....

James there isent many ps3 racing game that I can think of...

Ps3 racers
Steve
Premium Member

4th Feb 08 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people add crap to 360 threads too

i mainly added it in here because james always says "shouldve got a ps3" in every 360 thread
James

4th Feb 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
people add crap to 360 threads too

i mainly added it in here because james always says "shouldve got a ps3" in every 360 thread

Should've got a PS3

New Poll