corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym gap day and logging results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym gap day and logging results
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Feb 08 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

gyming for a few weeks again after getting off the wagon before xmas, however I've always got into the routine of doing roughly 4 hours a week over 3 days then stopping until the next week.

By the third day I'm pretty achy and have to stop anyway, what is the reccomended time I should leave between gym sessions? The current problem with 3 on 4 off is that by the 4th day going to the gym is a proper chore.

Any real life suggestions? I'd like to hear what most of you are doing for your gym day/no gym day routine.

Is there anything I should be taking in during my day off to rehab quicker? I dont want any funny drinks but something pretty standard I can get off the shelf at my local supermarket and so on.

~~~~~~

whats the best way to log my results every week? My aim at the gym is just to stay fit nothing too serious.

First idea that goes to my head is just weigh myself but this probably wont help with gaining muscle and stuff, should I just be measuring basics with a tape measure to see part sof my body expand/slim down?

[Edited on 05-02-2008 by willay]
strick206

5th Feb 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monday - Wednesday - Friday? Gives the muscles a day to recover before the next session?

3following on days may be a bit much
Marc

5th Feb 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go every other day.

I'd suggest you eat a well balanced diet and stay of the junk. High protein foods are going to help you.

I do chest and biceps on one day, back and shoulders on another and legs. I start and end every session with 10 minutes on the treadmill.
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diet is pretty balanced, eating shreddies for breakfast, lots of water, soup for lunch unless I'm going to treat myself to a sandwich or perhaps a salad. Dinner is whatever I can find
Marc

5th Feb 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pretty much eat throughout the day!

Toast when I get to work (Can't eat when I first get up!)
Sarnie about 10:30ish
Sarnies at 12
Banana about 3
Tea about 6
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you rule my world marc
Marc

5th Feb 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome.
corsa_godfather

5th Feb 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GYM DAYS

MONDAY

flat bench-5 sets of 5
bent over rows-4 sets of 8
dumbell press-4 sets of 8
incline curl-4 sets of 8
tricep dips- 4 sets of 12
crunches-4 sets of 12

WEDNESDAY (Legs + back) I changed it a tad and made it a power day

Deadlifts
squats
clean and press

Then finish with some shrugs

FRIDAY

bench- 2 sets of 5.lifting 80% of mondays weight
Incline dumbell press-3 sets of 12
bent over lat raises- 3 sets of 12
hammer curls - 3 sets of 12
skull crushers -3 sets of 12
crunches

TUESDAY- 5 a side football

rest other 3 days but still eat well
willay
Premium Member

6th Feb 08 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hum, this week I'm doing Tuesday, Wednesday (though I think I might go swimming instead of gyming). Thursday I'm going to do gym or/and martial arts in the evening. Friday will be Lazy Day. Saturday/Sunday - I should try to squeeze a wee session in to keep me going.

I'm still undecided what I'm going to do lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym gap day and logging results 24 database queries in 0.0130100 seconds