corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe missfire underload im confused?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe missfire underload im confused?
jamie m

User status: Offline
11th Feb 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok the girlfriends tigra has been abit wierd recently, if you go round a corner or put your foot down in a high gear say 4th at 30mph 2k revs? it missfires and hesitates and holds right back until your revs have built up and its fine then, it doesnt like low revs.

i have kind of pinpointed the problem, i decided to change leads and plugs first, took number 1 2 and 3 out fine, then went to undo plug number 4 and it was stuck solid!!!! i gave it a few taps, wet it with wd40, and tried again, nothing, so i thought fuck it and turned it as hard as i could to undo it not caring if it snapped, wrecked the threads or anything, after a fair bit of wrestling i got it out but hadto get a 3ft breaker bar to do it, threads were fine, plugs were a light brown colour, i replaced all the plugs and number 4 was hard to screw back in, its never been cross threaded and still isnt but its back in, new leads all put back together, started fine, revved fine so i took it for a drive, at low revs under load there were no problems, round corners there were no problems, so i gave it abit of right foot took it too about 6k revs it pulled well but the after slowing down and accelerating again at 2k revs it came back and started missing then clearing at higher revs so i now have the same problem! cured for 15mins until i booted it then its back again, must be something to do with cylinder 4 as the plug was tight in the thread and it wasnt 6 months ago when i changed them.

any advise??
ainsley_brader

11th Feb 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gasket!
jamie m

11th Feb 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes you say that mate?
ainsley_brader

11th Feb 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

common for the headgasket going on the 1.4 16vs between the water jacket and no 4 cylinder. In all cases I have come across it the plug has been siezed in! When i did mine some 8 years or so ago now we couldnt even shift it with a 2 foot breaker bar ended up windy gun it out but as yours threads etc were fine!
smcGSI16V

11th Feb 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same problem on mine c16xe.

It was the plugs, it was running on Bosch and it don't like them, changed to NGK's and the problem went.

It could be something as simple as that.
Toby
Premium Member

12th Feb 08 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say headgasket from that, just coughs and splutters till bout 4k and then pulls

New Poll