corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » arch modifying

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author arch modifying
antoni

User status: Offline
12th Feb 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys bit of help needed, 16x8inch rim with an et of 35 on a corsa b

what sort of arch mods am i looking at? bit of cutting ? or is it a take it to a bodyshop kinda of job or maybe even new arches
Steve X16XE

12th Feb 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How low you wanting to go?

I'd say a lot of work.
jeffers500
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'am running 7x15 with an ET 38 with 195x50x15 tyres on a 35mm drop with arch work i dont get any rubbing even with three up.
The arch mods i did were to remove the plastic arch, mark a line just below the fixing holes & following the line of the arch (about 8" long) then get brave with a grinder. Treat the cut area with some protection, then with a small piece of wood & a hammer tap the arch out. Then refit the plastic arch & cut the return lip back to suit. Only needs about 8" of arch cutting out at the top.
Mine still look standard from the outside tis only when you look underneath that you can see anywork has been done.
I know this is abit vauge but its easier than it sounds. Look in my garage theres a photo of the rear wheel fitted.

Nick
Fro

13th Feb 08 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them rolled and flared by a body shop, my old corsa had this done makes the body look wider from behind aswell but cost a good few hundred quid.
aron

13th Feb 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16x8 with ET35 is gonna be a headache tbh.

the back is one thing (get arches flared loads) but what about the front? you wouldn't know until the wheels (and tires) were put on to see the work needed imo.
antoni

13th Feb 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have sacked of the idea of 8inch wide rims now ha ha flippin expensive that was going to be for me

New Poll