corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In car DVD player install trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In car DVD player install trouble
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, i just bought myself the Ripspeed DVD-730B in car dvd player with the 3" lcd screen built in and im having a few problems. When i put a DVD in the picture comes on for a second then it says "do not watch movies while driving" or something like that and the picture goes off and it says in the manual that "parking at power connector MUST be connected to the switched side of the parking brake circuit(the side that becomes ground when the brake is applied) and in "General Setup" screen parking mode must be set to "on" as it will violate road traffic regulations" now i have set the mode to on but im not sure if that lead needs connecting to get a picture on or not and if it does where is the "parking brake circuit"??

Help please
DJBadBoi9901

17th Feb 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the screen that comes up means while your driving you cant watch the dvd but if you wanna watch it while driving u need 2 earth the wire to a constant earth in order to get the picture while drivin
snottysnowy1

17th Feb 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas where i can earth it to mate?
snottysnowy1

17th Feb 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just kiddin im not that bad at wiring stuff in

cheers for the help there.
snottysnowy1

17th Feb 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

workin now
DJBadBoi9901

17th Feb 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad i could be of some assistance
snottysnowy1

19th Feb 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, right i bought the 7" screen (ripspeed scr-700) now and im havin trouble gettin it to work. It says in the instructions to wire the

red wire to (accessory/ignition) and there is a 2amp fusre in the wire also

and the black wire to - memory/battery

I took red as being live and black as negative so wired it up like that, the screen worked and then the lead got incredibly hot and started to smoke... so i turned quickly unplugged it all.. The fuse didnt blow either and im beginning to think the unit is faulty.. any ideas how it should be wired in?
snottysnowy1

19th Feb 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted the red wire to the ignition live on the back of the headunit if that helps, and the black to the fused earth wire on the back of the head unit and thats when it smoked
snottysnowy1

19th Feb 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or would the black wire be earth to a bit of metal on the car? any input would help.
Lion

20th Feb 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires are marked on the headunits when you buy them with small tags, and again on the back of the headunit, iirc yes there is a black that goes to a permanent live, as the wirings all arsehole backwards on the ripspeed units, but i would pay someone to do it by the sounds of things before you have your car in flames lol - Halfords sell the leads too that go straight to the stnadard vaux plugs if youve not allready chopped them off which makes it a 5 second job

I wired in a switch on the parking brake lead to a live - so dvds can still be played whilst on the move at a flick
scottyp1989

20th Feb 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have put in your post that it tells you how to wire it up but you wired it up differently??? why not just wire it up how it tells you in the first place??
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest option -

in "General Setup" screen parking mode must be set to "on" as it will violate road traffic regulations"

Set that ''off'', then never worry about it again.
Lion

24th Feb 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Easiest option -

in "General Setup" screen parking mode must be set to "on" as it will violate road traffic regulations"

Set that ''off'', then never worry about it again.

I cant find this, doesnt even say its possible in the user handbook
Can you tell me exactly how you do this please?

[Edited on 24-02-2008 by Lion]
KIFF

24th Feb 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not all of the ripspeed dvd head units have this function. mine did but to be honest the only way of getting the screen on in the first place to access this option is to connect the parking brake switch. Its much easier just to earth it to the earth coming out of the radio rather then spending ages finding the parking brake switch wires. just dont be stupid and drive round watching dvds
Lion

24th Feb 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well mine works off the switch i put in, just making sure i hadnt wasted an hour job lol.
Dvd players for my passengers, not me

[Edited on 24-02-2008 by Lion]
hitman2k

25th Feb 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NICE and easy m8 get parking wire will say for handbrake scatch lock or bullet it on the black wire which is an earth and screen will work all the time!

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by hitman2k]
Pucci1

25th Feb 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i did it with mine, wire strippers strip the parking wire?? (the one your ment to connect to the handbrake)

earth that, then it will think its also parked up.. unless it has speed sensors 2, i think i read somewhere that they do some dvd headunit might be chatting shit though
hitman2k

25th Feb 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1
the way i did it with mine, wire strippers strip the parking wire?? (the one your ment to connect to the handbrake)

earth that, then it will think its also parked up.. unless it has speed sensors 2, i think i read somewhere that they do some dvd headunit might be chatting shit though

yep thats the way to do it easy enuff tbh

New Poll