corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wrong can bus body id?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wrong can bus body id?
JohnnyR

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have a corsa 1.3cdti 05 reg. That wont start and the light with the spanner through it wont come on. The auto electrician has been out and done a diagnostic check and it is coming up with can bus body ID and tells me there is something not connected right where the cables all join above the glove box. Does anybody know what to check as ive had a really good look and there is no sign of a loose connection.
Could it be a relay etc thanks James
Dan295

22nd Feb 08 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check that its earthing properly?
ed

22nd Feb 08 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had any parts changed on it. The body control module has to be coded to work with the ECU on newer cars with a CAN. This could be your problem, the only thing to do is get it on a Tech II and have it checked and re-programmed.
JohnnyR

22nd Feb 08 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i check the earth wires? the full loom has been out so it could be that. its been on the tech 2 and it cant be reprogrammed thats what we thought it were nothing has been changed either???

New Poll