corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20xe code 71, Unable to clear!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe code 71, Unable to clear!
ryan_fowler1985

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite guys im running a 1994 c20xe from a calibra with coilpack and i get an engine managment light on constant, ive read the fault codes and im getting code 71, looking at auto data manual this is 'intake temprature sensor - High voltage' which indicates a short to 12v or to me the resistance of the sensor is dropping that low that it is becoming to high a voltage.

When running my car on the rolling road it seems to be under powered at 145 bhp and is also running rich.

Anyway to try and solve this problem i have done the following:
Reset the ecu to clear codes, runs for 5 mins before light returns
Bought a new sensor too try out, still the same
Looked at the cables and found a short so i have sorted this, still the same.
Looked at afm wiring bt dodgy so repaired, still the same.
Replaced afm just incase, still the same
Checked connections on the ecu and in ecu plug a bit green so cleaned up, still the same.

Im now not sure where to go from here i have a iat sensor from an x20xev which looks slightly different im tempted to try this. Can anyone suggest what else to look for or maybe if i cut a cable at the ecu if anyone knows which pin and try then as it cant be high voltage then. Or maybe unplug it and try?? im not sure

your advice and suggestions will be much appreciated as the light is getting on my tits.

Cheers in advance

Ryan

New Poll