corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » N95 lost pics/vids etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author N95 lost pics/vids etc
Jules

User status: Offline
16th Mar 08 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine at work just rung me in a blind panic - she has managed to lose all her pics and vids that she has on her n95, it's fairly new and she was just expolring it and seeing what it could do, she thinks she went into messenger (as in MSN - not text messages etc), came out and the icon had gone along with her pics and vids - all phone contacts are still there as are the mp3's she has on there.
She has spoken to Vodafone who have said she's lost them, she done a "restore factory settings" on their advice, turned it off/on and nothing.

Any ideas? Is it possible to retrieve them?
She's gutted as she had loads of pics on there of her and her kids etc etc

CIA

Jules
_Allan_

16th Mar 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a program called 'Ybrowser' and install it. It looks at all the root directories and shows the hidden folders on the N95. They still maybe on the phone. It's like a filemanager program.

May or may not work, also has she installed the Nokia PC suite software?, may also be worth having a browse around looking for the photos.

http://mosh.nokia.com/content/4151BC74AA30E131E040050A443054B1
Click on get then download now.

[Edited on 16-03-2008 by _Allan_]
Jules

16th Mar 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Allan, dunno about PC Suite - doubt it tbh
Will ask her tonight when I see her at work, I've got a data recovery program that will work when it's connected to a PC so might give that a whirl.
Dom

16th Mar 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was stored on memory card and if you can get a reader for said memory card, then you can run software (like GetDataBack but for flash cards) that will try and retrieve it - might be the best bet
Jules

18th Mar 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She got them back, something about she accidently deleted her life blog on there 9or something) but was able to get most of the pics and vids back - I dunno, wasn't really listening at that point tbh as I had other distractions to look at

New Poll