corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Graduate jobs in IT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Graduate jobs in IT
Doug

User status: Offline
20th Mar 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just finished writting my CV so I am now looking to start applying to jobs!

I am looking for some graduate jobs that offer lots of training and lots of potential to move up the ladder or get a better job in a different company later on.

I am looking towards the IT consultancy side of things. Work as project manager sort of thing. Or work in a company on the business and It side to help interface between the two departments.

Any good links for graduate positions?

Anyone on here deal with employment so would be able to give good constructive advice on my CV?
Andrew

20th Mar 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cwjobs.co.uk

I never got a graduate position, but the degree helped getting the job i always wanted.
Cosmo

20th Mar 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prospects.ac.uk
Simon L

21st Mar 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Often overlooked by individuals with IT background are the BIG4.

Deloitte, PWC, KPMG and EY.

Each have IT External Audit and Internal audit functions, and Deloitte still provides Consultancy too.

I work for one of the above, and work with some of the largest banks and blue chip companies in the world, carrying out reviews over their IT environments. We typically look at key areas such as: Logical and Physical security, networks, databases, operating systems, applications, change management, BCP/DR, etc.

Lots of travel in the UK and some aborad too. Well structured graduate programme, and quick progression through the firm.

2 years grad, 2 years assistant manager, 3 years manager, 3 years senior manager, 3 years director, then onto Partner. If it all goes to plan (roughly)

Upside/downside (depending on how you look at it) is that you will need to do a CA (Chartered Accountancy qualification) as part of your contract.

I skipped that as i joined as an experienced hire thankfully.
M2RTY

21st Mar 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt bother, went to work for my placement firm

IT project manager type stuff
Rims

21st Mar 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accenture?

They look for graduates with most degrees and same kind of career structure as what simon said. Think the starting salary is 31K with a 10k sign on bonus.

Who do you work for Simon?
Paul_J

21st Mar 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure about that rims? I'm sure i saw accenture with only like 23k-26k starting.
Doug

21st Mar 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right going to have to start applying to all these companies.

Appreciate the info guys!
Rims

22nd Mar 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, positive. For the graduate scheme you get 31k and 10k sign on bonus. The 10 gets paid over the forst two years so its more like 26k each year if you see where I'm coming from. On the IT graduate front they have a SI&T (Systems Integration and Technology) part although you can start in the Analyst team or the Management Consultantcy section. Check out the website. accenture.com/ukgraduates

Hope this helps.

Paul_J

22nd Mar 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's not really 10k sign on bonus then really... sign on bonus usually = money in your hand as you walk through the door.

That just sounds like normal bonus.

Still sounds a fair deal 31k + 5k a year bonus
Paul_J

22nd Mar 08 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

accenture job i saw the other day

http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/UK/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPATH=JELXU&je=myrec&APath=1.39.0.30.7&jrjob=true&sc_cmp2=10_JobMat_JobDet&Job_DID=J3H4SP6KCWF6YFF89XJ&ff=39
Rims

22nd Mar 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your right enough, well the graduate scheme that the run on there website is the 31k + 10k over two years.

Think its 6k after the first month then the other 4k after the second year of being there. I don't know exactly how it works but thats what they advertise.

New Poll